Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#21313 by cullop1
Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:55 am
I have a Motorola Integrated Modem/Router. It connects by ethernet to the modem port on ooma hub. The phone is connected to the phone port. The telephone jack is connected to the wall port. It will not recognize the hub on the ooma network or the phone line. I currently have cable phone service thru suddenlink. They say there is nothing blocking it by them. Help!
#21371 by WayneDsr
Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:30 pm
Make sure you power cycle the modem/router, then the ooma hub.

Connect a pc or a laptop to the ooma hub.
Go to http://setup.ooma.com
If you can bring up the page check the HOME page and let us know what the results are.
Go to the Status page and see if your router assigned an ip to the ooma hub.

Not sure why you have the WALL port connected, but you might want to disconnect this until you have connection to the hub.

Wayne
#21385 by cullop1
Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:04 pm
Device Status - Rev: 16732.16732

Network

MODEM: Connected : [192.168.0.2]
HOME: Connected : [172.27.35.1]

Ooma Tunnel: Disconnected

Services

Telephony: 49 - Running

DNS: 45 - Running

Web Server: 46 - Running

VPN: 3354 - Running

Free: 39820

Home
Your ooma Network is Registering, please wait...

Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Registering, please wait...

Phone Line: No phone line detected, check the phone line is properly connected.

Ooma Services

Phone Setup: We are waiting for your phone line to be configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled

Voice Mail: Enabled
#21387 by niknak
Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 pm

Ooma Tunnel: Disconnected

Make sure that the MAC address of the device is the exact address you used when you registered the hub...note that B & 8 and D & 0 look very similar, use a magnifying glass if necessary to make sure
#21393 by tommies
Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:24 pm
According to ooma user guide
[1] & [2] are solid red: The ooma Hub is unable to register to the ooma network.

Wayne and Hpepper
[Play] & [Forward] are solid red: When using the ooma system with a landline, the ooma Hub is unable to detect if a phone line is plugged in.

Please double check your activation code, and look out for a couple of confusing pair of B/8 and D/0. Unfortunately, there is no way to verify the activation code for now. If it's the case, you need to call CS to have them correct it.

For now, I would try to power cycle the hub one more time and let it update the firmware to the latest--mine shows
Device Status - Rev: 27712.27712