Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#20219 by troywilliams
Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:21 pm
Just bought my core system and got the hub up and going with no problem. I cannot get my scout to work when connected to my home phone wiring. If I plug it into the hub it works fine. If I plug the phone port of the hub into my home wiring I get ooma dial tone on the home wiring (I have disconnected from the phone company at the demarc).

What I get on the scout it a red tab and all four buttons across the bottom are red. My home wiring is very old and has been rigged over the years and I know that only my red's and green's (tip and ring) are connected throuhout. Do I need the other two wires for the scout to connect via HPNA?
#20221 by hpepper
Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:41 pm
First, welcome to no more phone bills and this forum!

No - just two wires needed.

Apparently you are NOT using DSL on that same pair of wires - correct? HPNA and DSL don't work together very nicely. I assume this because you said you have the phone line disconnected at the demarcation point.
#20228 by murphy
Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:31 pm
The wall port of the hub must be connected to the wall port of the scout for the scout to work. Take the splitter that came with the hub and connect it to the wall near the hub. Connect the phone port from the hub to the splitter. Connect the wall port from the hub to the splitter. Connect the wall port of the scout to a wall jack somewhere else in the house. Connect a phone to the phone port of the scout. Connect another phone to another wall jack in the house. The hub phone will be available on all of the phone jacks in your house. The scout phone will only be available at the scout unless it is a cordless phone.
#20232 by troywilliams
Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:32 pm
I figured it out, when I removed the whole house dsl splitter I forgot to reattached the wall jack where the dsl modem was originally attached and this happened to be the jack I was connecting the wall port of the hub to.

Now I am trying to figure out how to assign a number to the scout so that any calls originating from it are the specific number I want.....its looking like I can't do that and this may nix the whole deal. I need the hub to be my home office number and the scout to be my home number for both incoming and outgoing calls. Maybe I should start a new thread
#20239 by niknak
Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:09 pm
...Now I am trying to figure out how to assign a number to the scout so that any calls originating from it are the specific number I want.....its looking like I can't do that and this may nix the whole deal. I need the hub to be my home office number and the scout to be my home number for both incoming and outgoing calls. Maybe I should start a new thread..

It is possible to do this in the lounge, by how you assign devices
I don't use a scout but I'm sure someone else here will be able to guide you through it