Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#19773 by wingnet
Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:26 pm
Hi All,
First time poster. I was able to install the hub no issues. However the Scout only does a red light show. Ooma support told me they thought it was because I had a Verizon landline in addition to Verizon DSL, and the need for a filter prevented the Scout from working. They suggested I lose the landline. So I cancelled it, keeping DSL only. Still the Scout does not work; there is a constant sound in the phone but not a dial tone. The only time the Scout tab turned blue was when I plugged it directly into the hub - none of the six other jacks in the house work. However if I plug that Scout directly into the wall jack the hub is plugged into it doesn't work either.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help,
John
#19784 by scottlindner
Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:56 am
This sounds like a DSL and HPNA conflict which is common for DSL users to overcome.

The simplest way, if your home supports it, is to put the Wall jacks on the Hub and Scout on Line 2 of your home's phone wiring. I know you don't have an active line on line 2, but this will allow the Hub and Scout to communicate via HPNA without conflict with the DSL one line 1.

If you're considering distributing your VOIP throughtout your home on your home's phone wires just reverse it in the demarc so the DSL is on line 2 and nothing is on line 1.

You can buy L1, L2 splitters at most hardware stores.

Cheers,
Scott