Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#19450 by Groundhound
Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:17 pm
You questioned in your original post if you needed to configure DNS servers in your hub's setup. Unfortunately that setting in the hub only works if you specify a static IP address (I think), which is not appropriate for normal Comcast cable accounts. Have you considered placing the hub behind your router?
#19453 by rustiangel
Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:21 pm
niknak wrote:maybe try to reboot your network devices in order...
power off all devices, then power on
1. cable modem
2. ooma hub
3 . router

No Love....

Stuck on this:

Your ooma Network is Registering, please wait...
Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Registering, please wait...
Phone Line: No phone line detected, check the phone line is properly connected.
Ooma Services
Phone Setup: We are waiting for your phone line to be configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled
#19455 by rustiangel
Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:22 pm
Groundhound wrote:You questioned in your original post if you needed to configure DNS servers in your hub's setup. Unfortunately that setting in the hub only works if you specify a static IP address (I think), which is not appropriate for normal Comcast cable accounts. Have you considered placing the hub behind your router?

No but I could try it... Just hook the linksys router from a switch port to the modem port on the hub?
#19456 by Groundhound
Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:24 pm
rustiangel wrote:
Groundhound wrote:You questioned in your original post if you needed to configure DNS servers in your hub's setup. Unfortunately that setting in the hub only works if you specify a static IP address (I think), which is not appropriate for normal Comcast cable accounts. Have you considered placing the hub behind your router?

No but I could try it... Just hook the linksys router from a switch port to the modem port on the hub?

That should do it. There's more to consider with respect to QoS, but first you have to get connected.
#19458 by southsound
Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:30 pm
rustiangel wrote: Stuck on this:

Phone Line: No phone line detected, check the phone line is properly connected.

By any chance did you opt to integrate an existing phone line? If so, you need to plug a cable from your telephone jack on the wall to the wall jack on the hub. It looks like the hub is expecting to find a landline on that port.
#19463 by niknak
Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:43 pm
...By any chance did you opt to integrate an existing phone line? If so, you need to plug a cable from your telephone jack on the wall to the wall jack on the hub. It looks like the hub is expecting to find a landline on that port...

I was just thinking the same thing
#19563 by rustiangel
Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:22 am
To answer the questions, I did not opt to integrate an existing phone line, that message qas there since I had nothing hooked to the wall jack in order to extend to the scout yet. I did however solve my problem, I had to connect it behind my linksys router, not the system works great! I assume it was because of my Cable modem not handing out DNS servers. But it works now! now how do i setup what all ports etc, are required to setup QOS on my linksys?