Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#19341 by CloaknDagr
Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:08 pm
If anyone is interested, NewEgg is selling Ooma's for $189 until the 14th of Sept. 2009. I got mine there for $199 a while ago and I love my Ooma.

If you're thinking about buying one for someone else, or know someone that's thinking about getting Ooma'd up, this is a good time to do it. They would make great Christmas presents or back-to-school items for college kids that call collect all the time. If you have a college person that lives off campus and has cable internet, why pay for a phone too? Ditto for military service.

Free Shipping too...

Here's a link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833888001&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL090809&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL090809-_-NetworkingProducts-_-LC9C-_-33888001

I love my Ooma and I reckon anything I can do to keep the company solvent is a plus towards keeping my service working ;)
#19358 by CloaknDagr
Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:16 pm
Yeah, Staples had it for $159 a few days ago, missed that one. I got mine from NewEgg too, when they had a combo deal for an IP camera from Trendnet. It cost me $199 for the Ooma and an additional $7 for shipping on the camera, which was free but otherwise $67 without the combo deal. That made the camera free or the Ooma $140 and the camera full price, however you want to look at it.

I'm anticipating that a lot of retailers (now that Ooma is heavily into the retail market) will be selling the Ooma hub and Scout system at a serious discount when the Telo launches so if you're not in a hurry it may be a good idea to wait for that. Management says they'll still be selling them after Telo comes out.

Myself, I probably won't upgrade to Telo for quite a while unless they offer us existing customers a really good deal. What I've read says that the Telo costs less to manufacture so that's a possibility. If they do that, I'll ship my current Ooma gear to one of my boys so they can make free phone calls. One of them is in the Navy and deploys to Bahrain every so often, so if they have high speed internet there it would be a great thing for him to have. I'm sure the other squids he lives with there would love it too...