Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#16170 by bapu
Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:54 pm
My porting was scheduled for 8/14/09.. Around noon time, incoming calls stopped working. I have not received any mail from ooma if the porting is completed or not. Is this normal? I have no idea what is going on. Called few times to Ooma but they don't have any clue either.
#16171 by ggilman
Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:16 pm
I ported from a landline, not another VoIP but when this happened, I received a scheduled date, as you seem to. Then, on that day I received another email saying it was done. If I recall, there was a very brief period of time during that day when a few odd things happened (lounge login issues, caller id issues), but that only happened for a short time, probably less than an hour. That was it.

If you've not been able to receive any calls since the 14th, I'd be concerned. There shouldn't be any reason for you to have significant downtime.
#16177 by corbinzak
Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:55 am
I've ported many times already and each time on the day of the port the incoming calls always don't work. Probably the time when origin company releases the number and the destination company now has to grab the number.
#16253 by bapu
Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:22 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Try turning the ooma hub off for about 5 minutes. Turn it back on and cross your fingers.

Wayne

Thanks, Wayne. I tried what you said but it didn't change anything.. Spoke to Ooma again and they still do not have any idea what is going on.. I think customer service is somewhere outside of US and porting team is in California. Customer service folks can only do chat with porting team. I have no idea who designed their back office operations but if I have done this kind of job, they would fire me on very first day. BTW, I also got the email from AT&T Callvantage folks that my phone will be disconnected later today. I hope someone in Ooma working on it...