Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#15377 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:09 am
WayneDsr wrote:There are 2 ways to register the ooma hub. WITH a landline and WITHOUT a landline. In the case of registering WITH a landline you would need the wall connection or you would not get ooma to connect.

I would power cycle everything especially the modem as Murphy states. This could very well be your issue.

Also, you might want to tell us how you have ooma set up.
modem-->ooma-->router
OR
modem-->router-->ooma

And how do you have your other voip service connected?

Wayne

Ok current setup with sunrocket router. voip company (Teleblend)

Modem - sunrocket router - phone jack to wall jack this activate all my phones in my house.

OOMA setup

Modem - ooma hub - phone jack to phone ( would like to use the above setup to activate all my phone jacks..

know i have woreless router i can use but i am by passing that cause i have another modem which is connected to my wireless router seperate for my PC.
#15378 by murphy
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:19 am
Call ooma support and ask them to configure your hub to use WITHOUT a land line. You appear to not have a POTS land line, just a Sunrocket system that you want to cancel.
#15379 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:22 am
niknak wrote:
...what you saying is i need to connect wall port from ooma hub to my wall jack ?...

Yes this is what you need to do

Thanks just a follow up on the wall jack.. My wall jack in the house is not connected to ATT or comcast outside my house.

main phone line comming to my house i disconnect that from the outside so i don'tget any static. That should not make any difference cause sunrocket router works perfectly ?

i just want to make sure my landline form the outside does not have to be active in anyway.

Man this is so confusing. i will try to spend nother 2 hours before i raise my hand and say I GIVE UP..
#15381 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:25 am
murphy wrote:Call ooma support and ask them to configure your hub to use WITHOUT a land line. You appear to not have a POTS land line, just a Sunrocket system that you want to cancel.

Now that would make sense cause if i don't have active outside connection it will never connect.

I am calling ooma support have them configure ooma hub without landline

I will post back all my result sucess ot not when i get home tonight....

Thanks for all your help...

Everybody who has replied to my thread :):)
#15382 by niknak
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:30 am
...my wall jack in the house is not connected to ATT or comcast outside my house...

You ooma hub is not provisioned the correct way, you need to do as Murphy says and call customer support
#15383 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:33 am
Now take a deep breath and relax. Since you can't do anything right now it doesn't do you any good to worry.

Call ooma now if you can and make sure you have ooma setup WITHOUT a landine. I think they call this "provisioning".

When you get home take things a step at a time and if you have problems, there's almost always someone monitoring the forums. There are a great group of users on this forum always happy to help out.

Wayne
#15384 by saj070
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:52 am
WayneDsr wrote:Now take a deep breath and relax. Since you can't do anything right now it doesn't do you any good to worry.

Call ooma now if you can and make sure you have ooma setup WITHOUT a landine. I think they call this "provisioning".

When you get home take things a step at a time and if you have problems, there's almost always someone monitoring the forums. There are a great group of users on this forum always happy to help out.

Wayne

Thankyou this is why i came to the forum. I appreciate everyone help...

cause tech support well let just say they have a long way to go...
#15430 by niknak
Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 pm
murphy wrote:Call ooma support and ask them to configure your hub to use WITHOUT a land line. You appear to not have a POTS land line, just a Sunrocket system that you want to cancel.

Did you confirm your provisioning option for your home setup like Murphy suggested?