Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#15216 by oomaling
Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:06 am
I set up my new ooma hub yesterday and it was working fine up until this morning. At which point all the computers in my home lost connection to the internet. The hub tab has turned blinking red with the 1 ,2 Trashcan and Envelop lights illuminated. I have unplugged the unit and plugged it in again to attempt to reset the device however it continues to not work.
Is there a way to try to hard reset the device?
Any advice on how to solve this problem is much appreciated.
Thanks
#15217 by gbickel1
Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:16 am
oomaling wrote:I set up my new ooma hub yesterday and it was working fine up until this morning. At which point all the computers in my home lost connection to the internet. The hub tab has turned blinking red with the 1 ,2 Trashcan and Envelop lights illuminated. I have unplugged the unit and plugged it in again to attempt to reset the device however it continues to not work.
Is there a way to try to hard reset the device?
Any advice on how to solve this problem is much appreciated.
Thanks

Is your Ooma hub connected before or after your router? What type of internet connection do you have? Have you tried resetting your modem? Have you verified our LAN wiring?
#15218 by oomaling
Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:21 am
Thanks for the quick reply.
My hub is connected before my router. I am currently running broadband cable internet. Yes, I have. I've reset the entire system by powering down and powering back up several times already. The wiring should be correct. It is set up the same way that the manual instructs me to. The system was working fine all of yesterday and this morning. It just cut off my internet this morning out of nowhere and then proceeded to go red.
#15221 by WayneDsr
Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:14 am
First of all, are you sure your ISP isn't down?
I would disconnect the ooma hub from the system and make sure you have an internet connection first.

Wayne
#15222 by WayneDsr
Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:16 am
Hard reset is:
Pull the power plug out of ooma.
Hold the blue/red ooma tab down (yes, it's a switch) while plugging the power back in. Continue holding down for about 30 seconds while ooma does a light show. This should reset to factory.

Wayne