Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#14724 by bruce3404
Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:17 pm
I've just installed Ooma; it's up and running on my hub and scout lines. I am in the process of porting my number from Comcast. I've noticed that when I call my home from my cell, I'm still getting the Comcast voice greeting instead of the one I just set up for Ooma. Is there any way I can use my Ooma voicemail before the porting process is complete?
#14729 by Groundhound
Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:32 pm
Forward your Comcast number to your temporary ooma number, and welcome to ooma!
bruce3404 wrote:I've just installed Ooma; it's up and running on my hub and scout lines. I am in the process of porting my number from Comcast. I've noticed that when I call my home from my cell, I'm still getting the Comcast voice greeting instead of the one I just set up for Ooma. Is there any way I can use my Ooma voicemail before the porting process is complete?
#14732 by bruce3404
Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:51 pm
Groundhound wrote:Forward your Comcast number to your temporary ooma number, and welcome to ooma!
bruce3404 wrote:I've just installed Ooma; it's up and running on my hub and scout lines. I am in the process of porting my number from Comcast. I've noticed that when I call my home from my cell, I'm still getting the Comcast voice greeting instead of the one I just set up for Ooma. Is there any way I can use my Ooma voicemail before the porting process is complete?

I didn't elect to receive a temporary Ooma number. I elected to just stay with my existing Comcast number (too bad, as your suggestion is a good one!). Any other ideas?
#14735 by WayneDsr
Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:03 pm
Is there a way to lengthen rings to answer on the Comcast voicemail?
If you can't disable it, you might want to set Comcasts voicemail to answer at as many rings or seconds as you can. Then let ooma voicemail pick up in a more normal amount of time.

Wayne
#14743 by bruce3404
Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:03 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Is there a way to lengthen rings to answer on the Comcast voicemail?
If you can't disable it, you might want to set Comcasts voicemail to answer at as many rings or seconds as you can. Then let ooma voicemail pick up in a more normal amount of time.

Wayne

Brilliant! Thanks, Wayne. I've reset Comcast to 8 rings and now Ooma is picking up.