Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#13758 by dragoon
Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 am
UPDATE - DOESN'T WORK. I recently started having problems with my alarm system again. I had the same tech come out and troubleshoot the system. The alarm is able to connect to CPI and transmit data to the call center but the alarm seems like it doesn't get an acknowledgement so it keeps sending notices over and over again until it reaches a timeout period. The CPI operator is also unable to call-in via the 2-way communicator so my alarm system is unstable again. We tried multiple different things to try to get it to work but came up with nothing. My only option now is to get a landline or go with cellular service for the alarm. The alarm tech said Ooma may have changed something which is causing this. I haven't changed anything so something else must have changed.
###############################################
*99 + pause + call center number = Works with CPI alarms
For the past few months I've been trying to get my CPI system to work with Ooma. It would occasionally state that it was having phone trouble and intermittent problems persisted with updates and such. Today I had the tech on-site to install some wireless sensors and asked him to check out my phone system. He was a really nice guy and helped me troubleshoot the system. We noticed that the calls were being made but would not complete sending alarm data if the alarm was activated. This meant that even if my alarm would go off, the "live center" would never know the alarm went off or they would get a very delayed notice.

After reading the forums here I found a post about a *99 fax mode. We entered *99 'pause' 'Call center Number' and immediately everything worked perfectly! All updates were acknowledged and tests ran beautifully. We ran a test to set the alarm off, heard the alarm system dial, send the data, and then we got the "live center operator" over the speakers all within 2-3 minutes.

I am running the following:
TW cable internet (basic) Modem - OOma - Router
Alarm is connected to Ooma hub and my phones run off the scout.

Hopefully this will help others using CPI alarms and get more ppl to use Ooma.

OOma Rocks! Thank you!
Last edited by dragoon on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.