Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#11759 by Aveamantium
Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:41 pm
I just got my ooma today and so far the audio quality seems superior to that of my Viatalk line. I'm going to test drive for the next month to make sure I want to make the switch but I can't imagine that I won't. I put the hub in my wiring closet behind my WRT54GL running Tomato, and connected the "phone" line into my Line 1 house wiring. The "wall" line is plugged into my Line 2 house wiring. I have the scout in the kitchen on Line 2 and the rest of the house phones on Line 1 and all is good!!

By the way, anyone here port their number from Viatalk? Just wondering how it went if you did.
#11765 by kdmc69
Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:00 pm
I ported my number from Viatalk, but it was last August. It took about 4 weeks for the process to complete. Best move I ever made, getting rid of Viatalk. Enjoy Ooma!
#11766 by Aveamantium
Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:12 pm
I'm assuming that when you ported from Viatalk that they didn't automatically disconnect your service? They told me they wouldn't, which is a good thing since I have to wait until the last two weeks of my contract to cancel to avoid getting a termination fee.

My plan, assuming that ooma works out, is to port my number in about a month and then two weeks before my contract expires (in September) I'll send in my ATA and the trouble ticket to cancel. Hopefully all will go well!!