Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#11295 by southsound
Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:11 am
We haven't heard back from you this morning, but hopefully they have taken care of the problem to your satisfaction. From experience, I can tell you that ooma is a wonderful company with people who really care. I'm sorry your first experience was frustrating, but I think as time goes on you will find it was an anomaly - not the norm.

When I first got my ooma in February I was amazed by their automated attendant that would say various wait times. They were never accurate and often after hearing that it would be 3 minutes, I would get another that said it would be 15. That message was discontinued because the ooma tech support center is not like your typical call center. The technicians will work with a customer until some real progress is made in dealing with the problem. I've had calls that lasted over 30 minutes! Since that time, ooma has added many people to their technical staff and now calls are normally answered in short order. But they still stay on line until the customer's problem has been addressed or they have exhausted all they can do without escalation to another department.

I can only guess, but when your call came in at 5:45 they probably had full staff and after finishing with their active call, most started to leave at 6:00. That left just a few (or maybe one) technician left to answer 4 calls from the que. Knowing that he (or she) could not devote the required time to each call, the message to call back in the morning was given. Maybe not with the finesse we'd like, but realistic in the fact that they could not handle the call with the proper attention.

Welcome to the ooma family and may your lack of phone bills put a permanent smile on your face!
#11296 by number9
Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:26 am
tobey717,
don't give up! It does take some patience when dealing with ooma CS. I am not excusing this person's behavior, but call CS back and let us know how it went.

Good luck and welcome to ooma.
#11297 by Dennis P
Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:49 am
Our policy is to clean out the queue at 6. I apologize for the poor experience - that's not the type of first impression we are trying to make! We've re-iterated the policy to our agents and hopefully this will not occur again. Thanks for giving us one more chance.
#11308 by tobey717
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:20 am
Update:

I received a nice email first thing in the morning from a manager in fact he tried to call but my ringer was off. He apologized for the issue and notified his team of the problem and assured me it wouldn't happen again.

I'm completely satisfied with that and really glad they took the time to resolve the issue.

Now it's time for me to get oomafied and play with all these premier toys it came with!
#11309 by ggilman
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:33 am
Glad to hear this got cleared up for you. People make mistakes. It's not that often they openly admit to having done so & attempt to rectify as readily as in the case here with both the email you were sent and post to this thread. Good show on the CS, ooma.

And welcome to oomaland, tobey. I just finished my number porting two days ago, after having ooma for little over a month now. I'm enjoying every minute of being freed from my landline. I'm sure you will too.
#11310 by southsound
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:34 am
Great news! Have fun and stop by often!