Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#11260 by tobey717
Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:22 pm
My ooma box was just delivered about 25 minitues ago right after I was able to pick a phone number my internet died and I could not finish installation. I tried to re-enter my MAC address but said it was already registered which is understandable. So I called at 5:45 my call started and at 6:05 someone gets on the line dosen't say Ooma customer support dosen't say thank you for calling just "Hello?" "Hello? we are closed" We closed at six we can't take your phone call please call back tomorrow" I said but I was on hold for 20 minitues "well I have 3 other customers on hold and I have to tell them we are closed too" so I guess I was bothering them? not sure.. So I'm supposed to wait to finish my installation till tomorrow I guess?

I'm not one of those customers who asks for much but if I was on hold a good 15min before closing the least you could do is take the call and help a new customer out. This was my very first impression with Ooma and I it will most likely be a lasting one.

If this is how the customer support team is then I think it's best to return this and chalk it up to a impulse buy.
#11262 by murphy
Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:49 pm
Do you hang around at your job for an hour after quitting time when you are not getting paid overtime?
#11266 by tobey717
Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:08 pm
I think your missing the point. This is five minutes after closing time and yes, actually. When I worked in a call center the calls had to be cleared from the queue before we closed up. We closed at 5 and at exactly 5 calls would be transferred to voice mail. This is a call center bud not a factory line.

If what your saying is correct then they do not close at 6 they close at 5:45. Doesn't make much sense does it? It's not just about not helping a customer out he was pretty rude about it too.
#11268 by tobey717
Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:30 pm
Yes, I think I will try again tomorrow morning maybe I just caught someone on a bad day. Honestly, I'm always nice and courteous to customer service reps I think thats why I get ticked off when I don't get that in return.

Ok ooma you got one more shot! ;)
#11280 by frank1
Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:42 am
I would rather have customer service being provided in California during business hours, than have it outsourced overseas to a 24x7 call center. When you call those kinds of call centers, all they do is read a script, and usually have no knowledge of the underlying product.

I called Ooma once, and had someone on the line in about 20 seconds. They were very friendly, educated about the product, and well spoken. It was very refreshing.