Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#10162 by lpol83712
Fri May 22, 2009 9:36 pm
I've installed ooma Hub and it is working. I tried installing the scout but end up with all the bottom row of lights red. I'm having my phone number ported and know the hub is using the temporary number while mine is being ported. I suspect the scout is just seeing the phone line that is going to be ported in 3-4 weeks and that is the conflict. Is that correct and can you work around it or do you just have to wait till the porting is complete. After the porting I don't plan to keep any other landlines. Thanks Leslie g. Pool
#10164 by lpol83712
Fri May 22, 2009 10:13 pm
I've read the information you forwarded and appreciate it. I'm still confused. I understood that the scout could be used in a different room--mine will be upstairs from the Hub and I don't want to drill holes or run wires. One suggestion was to have the splitter in the wall jack at the Hub and have two wires going into the splitter--one from the Hub and one from the cable modem. Problem is that there is no place on the back of my modem for a jack--am I out of luck? The modem is actually a cable-modem-router but since the router had limited distance it was disabled and another router purchased and in use. I don't know how other cable modems are wired but can't find any place to put another wire--only slot unused says USB and phone cable won't fit there. Thanks Leslie G Pool
#10167 by murphy
Sat May 23, 2009 2:23 am
The cable modem is not involved in the phone wiring. The Wall jack of the ooma hub must be connected to the wall to provide an access path to the scout in a different room. The Wall jack of the scout must also be connected to the wall. The hub and scout communicate using the house wiring.
Plug a phone into the phone jack on the hub and another phone into the phone jack on the scout.
#10205 by lpol83712
Sat May 23, 2009 8:00 pm
Thanks for the information. I had to call support help. We had some extra phone sockets wired 5 or 6 years after moving into our home. The wiring is different apparently so that all the wires don't communicate with each other. They had me first try the scout to Hub connection to see it would turn blue and it did. Then they told me that there must not be the same wiring throughout the house and to try different locations (hub is downstairs and most of our life is upstairs). Found another two sockets where the scout did communicate with the Hub. So there is another potential problem when we don't know anything about wiring. Thanks for everyones help. Leslie G Pool
#10257 by zappullae
Mon May 25, 2009 6:49 am
How is the wiring different? I have the exact same problem but know all the wiring in detail. I don't want to move jacks if I can help it.

Can the wall and phone port on the hub be connected together?