Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#111163 by joyridin'
Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:44 am
Hello,

I tried the search button but came up empty on my problem.

I bought the Ooma and it works great. Bought a wireless connector and again, it connected and worked great. I had to shut off the router last night and move something and the Ooma got disconnected. I have tried everything to get it to connect again without luck. If I do a scan for wireless networks, it picks up my router and a few others in the neighborhood, so I am assuming it is working. I tried the reboot and unplugging the Ooma. No luck. I hard wired it and all works well again, but that won't work for my house.

Any ideas?
#111164 by joyridin'
Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:56 am
Well, I guess I should have waited before posting. I didn't realize the wireless adapter had a different MAC address than the unit itself. I was using the MAC on the bottom of the unit trying to get the router to see it, but that isn't the actual address it uses. :o

Oh well...all is working great again!
#111174 by lbmofo
Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:03 pm
joyridin' wrote:I was using the MAC on the bottom of the unit trying to get the router to see it, but that isn't the actual address it uses. :o

Even the "to internet" port of Ooma is different than the MAC printed on the bottom of the device; it is actually 1 higher. The bottom MAC is "home network" port's MAC.