Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#110255 by Tuan
Sat May 25, 2013 10:12 am
I used to have much more trouble with Ooma Telo fax until Ooma implemented "Premier Fax" with redundancy. Faxing is more reliable now, but I still have reservations switching from landline fax over to Ooma Telo fax. I purchased the Office, but haven't done any faxing with it yet. Besides, the landline I still have is hooked up to my building alarm as well. I have heard Ooma doesn't work well with alarm systems either.

In the Ooma Office Manager, there's an option to have an extension set as "phone," "fax," or "alarm." I have not tested any extension with the alarm or fax, so not sure how reliable the Office is. This option is not available with the Telo.
#110781 by Kelita
Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:04 am
What a disappointment! I paid for premiere service so I could fax. Doesn't work. Tried it on a regular line using the Telo and the Lynx using two separate fax machines. I certainly won't do premiere another year. I had Time Warner cable's phone previously, which was also VOIP and it worked like a charm. Ooma should NOT advertise that faxing is available when it looks like most of us using it are unable to fax. :x
#110791 by t15industries
Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:44 pm
I have been beta testing the Office and faxing has been so-so... The team at Ooma is working on fixes... everytime I get a failure they pull up the info and look for issues... they have rolled out several fixes. Each time I have a failure they hop on it and figure it out!

And, as others have advised, faxing over voip is pretty much considered a NO GO by people that establish communications standards, but Ooma seems to have it almost perfect now!
#112341 by scottlindner
Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:18 pm
Been a long time since I've posted. Adding kids to the family sure takes away your free time!

I had troubles faxing today and I've never had troubles faxing since starting with Ooma a long time ago. I am using a Hub and have a nice clean line going to the Hub from the Fax machine. I have two theories that may have caused my fax receive to fail today. I recently turned off QoS on my router(s) for a test and forgot to turn them back on so it's possible something was going on at the time of fax and having QoS off was my problem. The other and what I suspect is the likely is that I recently switched from DSL to Cable. I have done a tone of QoS tweaking with my DSL over the years to get it dialed in just right when working with the Tier 2 tech support teams. I already know what features to tell them I want off and on to improve my performance. For years my jitter with DSL was a rock stead 1ms and it never budged. Now with my cable service my jitter ranges from 5-10ms in the same minute and rarely do I see it below 5ms. I'm putting my money on the cable as the cause of my Fax problems.
#112725 by dfraser682
Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:38 am
I have been successufly sending faxes with Ooma for a couple of years. I add *91 before the fax number. There are times when I have to resend the fax due to loss of connectivity, but overall it works for the few faxes I need to send every year.
#112726 by dfraser682
Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:40 am
dfraser682 wrote:I have been successufly sending faxes with Ooma for a couple of years. I add *99 before the fax number. There are times when I have to resend the fax due to loss of connectivity, but overall it works for the few faxes I need to send every year.

Should read *99
#112728 by scottlindner
Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 am
What type of ISP do you have? I had zero troubles until I switched to cable from DSL. Now I have serious reliability issues and the only thing that has changed is my ISP and a lot of time since I don't have to send or receive faxes often.