Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#9447 by t4feb
Mon May 11, 2009 5:31 am
Need some advice. I bought 2 units and there is a problem when trying to activate them. Its saying hub has already been activated. My question is do I need to speak to support to straighten this problem out or does someone here have a work around for this problem. I am trying to get all my people and friends to switch to ooma for there phone service and WOW these kind of problems come up. Any help on this matter would be super.
Thanks in advance
#9450 by murphy
Mon May 11, 2009 5:52 am
Where did you buy the units?
If at a brick & mortar store, they may be units that were returned to the store by another customer. If that is the case, you will have to call to get it straightened out.

Did you do the online registration BEFORE you hooked them up?
#9452 by t4feb
Mon May 11, 2009 5:57 am
Yes an online registration thats when it said the unit has already been activated. I stopped right there and came here for advice on what to do. I would have called support but the time difference is 3 hours and I know no one would answer out there because there 3 hours behind me so I'll have to wait for them to open up the support lines.

Thanks
#9455 by t4feb
Mon May 11, 2009 6:14 am
I bought 2 units off of eBay that were still in there packaging. Now maybe I made the mistake of buying off of eBay but never the less it is an ooma product and I was just asking maybe if there was a simple way of dealing with this or if I had to call support to reactivate these units. Thanks
#9457 by bw1
Mon May 11, 2009 6:18 am
You're going to have to call support. Hopefully there won't be any issue. It probably is just that they were activated and used by someone else. I do remember reading that there was a small ($20?) transfer fee.

The other thing you would lose out on is the warranty. It looks like that is the only thing mentioned on the web page that I linked to. "products sold by unauthorized dealers are not entitled to ooma warranty coverage"

Were these marketed as new on eBay?
#9459 by t4feb
Mon May 11, 2009 6:22 am
One of the units was marked new but not the other one. and they could be older models not sure. Thanks for the help in this matter
#9480 by niknak
Mon May 11, 2009 2:09 pm
Also note that here have been issues in the past where the MAC address is not clear and the purchaser enters a wrong number - check the MAC address carefully - D and 0 or B and 8 confusion for example
Last edited by niknak on Tue May 12, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
#9482 by t4feb
Mon May 11, 2009 2:18 pm
Is there numbers with a D because I thought one of the hubs was a D and not an O Thanks
#9483 by niknak
Mon May 11, 2009 2:20 pm
t4feb wrote:Is there numbers with a D because I thought one of the hubs was a D and not an O Thanks

MAC address are HEX numbers, they can be 0-9 and A-F