Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#108791 by webwbr
Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:04 am
I have not yet tried the suggest above as i still don't understand:



Update 2:

Progress… but not as ideal. Earlier on in the is thread I noted I was also trying my wife's HP. Thanks to some threads in an HP forum I finally got her fax working with Ooma as I need. I had to set the HP fax to:
Slow (9600)
Answer in 2 rings
Error correction off

The Lexmark (which is much newer) still doesn't work at all.
- I've tried every speed, last attempt was at 14,400
- Answer in 1, 2 and 3 rings, last attempt was 2 rings
- Error correction on and off, last attempt was off

So I've matched the setting of the HP on the Lexmark and still no go, guess Lexmark (or at least this model) is not compatible with Ooma. The Lexmark is a much nicer machine than the HP (and MUCH cheaper ink too) and since my wife does not use the fax function, I may just swap out. Then I'll just hope that by the time the HP dies, fax machines will get better at handing VOIP transmissions, and/or Ooma will get better, or faxing will be obsolete (dream!).

I even tried the fax from the Telo and not the Linx... no dice on the Lexmark

As an FYI my Ooma setting are:
- Call Waiting Enabled
- Premier fax checked
- Redundancy level three

Line 555-555-5555 (voice)
- TELO
- Mode Phone

Line 444-444-4444 (fax)
- LINX
- Mode Fax Machine

OPINION: Line filters… I bought one and tried it and it seems it really doesn't have an effect. Perhaps they are like those cell phone antenna boosters that stick to your cell phone – all they do is make you think they are working. Do they really add value?
#108794 by murphy
Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:18 am
Forward both numbers on network outage to your cell phone number.
#108797 by webwbr
Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:54 am
OK, I've done that, no dice... fails on the Lexmark. BTW... even if that worked, I often need to have the voice number forward to my cell, wouldn't that stop if I needed to have forward on network outage on all the time?

Thanks for all your help, but me thinks getting rod of the Lexmark is my only solution. :cry:


murphy wrote:Forward both numbers on network outage to your cell phone number.
#108798 by webwbr
Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:59 am
Seems now this has created another problem... I switched the call forwarding BACK to forward all... now the phone system doesn't forward at all. Any ideas?



murphy wrote:Forward both numbers on network outage to your cell phone number.
[/quote]
#108799 by lbmofo
Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:18 am
webwbr wrote:Seems now this has created another problem... I switched the call forwarding BACK to forward all... now the phone system doesn't forward at all. Any ideas?

Some changes on my.ooma.com take about 5 minutes to take effect. Wait 5 minutes before you expect your changes to work.

webwbr wrote:OK, I've done that, no dice... fails on the Lexmark. BTW... even if that worked, I often need to have the voice number forward to my cell, wouldn't that stop if I needed to have forward on network outage on all the time?

I am asking you to change call forwarding to "Call forward on network outage" for all your numbers, wait 5 to 10 minutes and then try your fax. After these trials, you can change your settings back to the way you had it.

My Ooma - Call Forwarding settings

Go here https://my.ooma.com/calling

Just to make sure you got all the previous settings cleared...

Phone Number, select your primary number

Make sure "Enable call forwarding" is checked

Forwarding mode: Call forward on network outage

Forwarding number: your cell

Save

Phone Number, select your secondary number

Make sure "Enable call forwarding" is checked

Forwarding mode: Call forward on network outage

Forwarding number: your cell

Save

Phone Number, select All Numbers

Make sure "Enable call forwarding" is checked

Forwarding mode: Call forward on network outage

Forwarding number: your cell

Save

Wait 5 to 10 minutes, try to receive a fax.

If you have your Linx as a private device/account, you'd have to login to my.ooma.com for the Linx private account to tweak the forwarding settings above.
#108820 by webwbr
Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:46 pm
This! But Ooma set this up for me... I'll have to call them and ask how to log in as I do not have a different login for the Linx. Thanks.


If you have your Linx as a private device/account, you'd have to login to my.ooma.com for the Linx private account to tweak the forwarding settings above.
#108828 by lbmofo
Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:41 pm
webwbr wrote:This! But Ooma set this up for me... I'll have to call them and ask how to log in as I do not have a different login for the Linx. Thanks.


If you have your Linx as a private device/account, you'd have to login to my.ooma.com for the Linx private account to tweak the forwarding settings above.

You can possibly get in by specifying the number and your email address: https://my.ooma.com
There is a "Reset it" link by the "Forgot your password?"
#108874 by webwbr
Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:33 am
Thanks lbmofo for all your help. I'm going to take a break for a couple days from working on this and I'm little nervous making any more changes now that it is "working" on a different fax machine. I'm going to continue to research this whole login thing again later... it seems you are suggesting Ooma premier users have two log in account (one for each number, assuming they select a new number). That just seems like an accident waiting to happen for me. :P

Thank you again. I may be brave enough to try this again later and will report my findings.

Webwbr


lbmofo wrote:You can possibly get in by specifying the number and your email address: https://my.ooma.com
There is a "Reset it" link by the "Forgot your password?"
#108877 by MapleOne
Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:19 am
Try lowering the BAUD rate, that worked for me.

I was able to send but receive would ring and hang up. I lowered the BAUD rate and it works now.

Not sure if it's coincidence but it worked for me.
#108908 by webwbr
Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:11 pm
Thanks, I tried that... even speed all the way down to 2,400 (I forgot speeds could go that low)

MapleOne wrote:Try lowering the BAUD rate, that worked for me.

I was able to send but receive would ring and hang up. I lowered the BAUD rate and it works now.

Not sure if it's coincidence but it worked for me.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests