Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#108000 by billsbuddie
Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:21 pm
I am not sure that I understand the difference between the Linx and the wireless adapter. I just ordered a wireless adapter for overnight shipping, they will ship tomorrow. I am sure I can change it to a Linx if that will work better. But I can't understand the difference. Can you clarify a bit for me?

You have been a big help so far.
#108001 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:25 pm
Wireless adapter is for the Telo so you can move the Telo anywhere you want within your wifi footprint (if you need to have your Telo away from the router).

Linx just gives you Telo's dialtone anywhere in your house away from the Telo (Linx connects to your Telo via DECT). You can have up to 4 of the Linx devices wirelessly connected to your Telo. 4 devices max = mix of HD2 and/or Linx.

If you like where you have your Telo (by the modem/router), you would want Linx.
If you don't like where your Telo is (by the modem/router), you would want wireless adapter.
#108004 by billsbuddie
Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:33 pm
I have more clarification now. I think the wireless is probably best. I can then connect the Telo to a phone jack and all of my other phones would work. With the Linx I could only use those connected to the DECT.
#108005 by billsbuddie
Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:38 pm
IBMOFO, I appreciate your help so far and I will post what finally happens. I have a feeling that there may be a few more "tweaks" that I may have to do before I am satisfied. It is kind of fun to try something new, especially if it will save me money in the long run. Ooma is a bit front end loaded, it will take me a year to break even. I have purchased a Telo, a year's Premier Service and an overnight wireless adapter. That must mean I am committed, or stupid, lol.
#108007 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:55 pm
billsbuddie wrote:That must mean I am committed, or stupid, lol.

Smart to go with Ooma for sure. The Linx connects to Telo via DECT but it outputs dialtone (phone port on the Linx) so you can plug in any kind of phone (you can even use a splitter to connect a phone to it and then feed the rest of the house too).

Once you get the wifi adapter, these may come in handy. https://www.ooma.com/sites/default/files ... ss_qsg.pdf
viewtopic.php?t=12539#p88037
#108136 by billsbuddie
Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:49 pm
I ordered the wireless adapter and agreed to pay $39.99 for overnight delivery. Someone screwed up and my order was delayed. My freight charge has been credited and I receive my adapter today instead of last Friday. It took no more than 10 minutes to get it working on the Telo, plugged the Telo in a phone jack and everything works wonderfully.

So far, I am a happy camper.

Thanks ibmofo for all of your assistance.