Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#107527 by peabody
Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:03 am
I initiated the port of my AT&T landline Saturday morning, and today found a voicemail from CS saying the transfer would take place Wednesday. Is that even possible? I was expecting several weeks before Ernestine would get around to it.

Anyway, my understanding is that the test of whether it's been ported is that an incoming call to my landline number actually rings on my Telo, and not on my landline phones. Is that right? And only then do I disconnect Ernestine at the interface box, and call her to cancel service.
#107528 by billinin
Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:27 am
I ported over from ATT just about 3 weeks ago. 3 day process. Your existing landline will ring on Telo when complete. I waited 2 business days before calling ATT to verify. ATT told me the cancelation was automatic with porting. Good idea to call anyway and verify. Be prepared to receive weekly letters from ATT telling them how sorry they are you have canceled and making offers for your return.

Hopefully you don't have internet through ATT DSL for a smoother process, if so you will need to take steps to maintain that service.
#107567 by MarkOoma
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:27 pm
Same experience here, I made my request on Sunday, the port was complete this morning, so that was the 3d business day. I've been on hold with AT&T longer than 3 days.