Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#106812 by fotoguy
Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:09 pm
I have a 2 ooma systems. The newest one is in a vacation home that I don't use so much. Is it possible to take the telo set to my main residence and switch it out with my older unit? I will than bring the older unit to the place not used as much.
#106813 by WayneDsr
Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:26 pm
I believe, if both units are registered to you then all you would have to do is change the 911 information at my.ooma.com in each unit to reflect the proper info for emergency calls.

Wayne
#106814 by Tom
Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:34 pm
Yes, but on myooma make sure to correct the home address associated with each unit. Login using the main phone number associated with each unit. This is needed for e911. Then optionally call support if you want to swap the phone numbers on the units.
#106828 by cozurek
Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:08 pm
I'm in the process of installing a replacement telo unit. Upon transferring my number to the new telo, I found out that the new unit does not work with the older style handsets. You have to purchase the newer HD ones or roll back the firmware on the new telo unit to a version compatible with the old handsets. One more thing to think about before moving them around.
#106830 by jgmace
Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:30 am
I have a new ooma that we use at home. We also have a second home that I plan to bring the ooma to when we are there. Is it possible to change the service address when we go there and change it back to the home address as often as we change locations?
#106831 by thunderbird
Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:29 am
cozurek wrote:I'm in the process of installing a replacement telo unit. Upon transferring my number to the new telo, I found out that the new unit does not work with the older style handsets. You have to purchase the newer HD ones or roll back the firmware on the new telo unit to a version compatible with the old handsets. One more thing to think about before moving them around.

All Ooma Telos should work with the new HD2 handset.

Star commands dialed using a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone Port to change Registration Mode:

Dial *#*#301 switches to the old HD1 Telo handset firmware
Dial *#*#302 switches to the new HD2 Ooma Telo handset firmware

Or you can go into Ooma Setup>DECT Setting page and change Registration Mode: by selecting the mode you wish to use, and then clicking on the Change Mode button.
Last edited by thunderbird on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
#106832 by thunderbird
Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 am
jgmace wrote:I have a new ooma that we use at home. We also have a second home that I plan to bring the ooma to when we are there. Is it possible to change the service address when we go there and change it back to the home address as often as we change locations?

Just go into My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/account/service_address and change the address how often that you wish.
#106835 by fotoguy
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:41 am
Thanks for the replies. The live chat support told me wrong yesterday. They told me I could simply exchange the two because they were plug/play. That was not correct. I had to call Ooma and have them switch the numbers for each unit. It was quite the process.