Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#106772 by azism
Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am
I am just wondering if there is a distance from the Bluetooth adapter or range within its ability to work? I am finding that if I am more than about 10 to15 feet from the Bluetooth adapter, my cellphones can't connect to the adapter. What is the distance/range of the Bluetooth adapter?
#106780 by lbmofo
Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:03 pm
Range is supposed to be roughly 30 feet. However, with Bluetooth, the closer, the better. The protocol is designed to work between devices within arms reach. Certainly not designed to penetrate walls and such.
#106790 by azism
Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:57 pm
Let's see now, I was about 20 to 25 feet away. Of course, as you just pointed out the signal had to go through two walls. Drat, it looks like I wasted $30 on this adapter. Either that or I have to buy the wireless adapter so I can move the Bluetooth adapter closer to the middle of the house. Decisions, decisions, decisions... now what to do. I guess I have time to ponder what to do.

:|
#108175 by Telo_BK
Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:52 pm
My BT adapter just came. Whereas I can be almost anywhere in my home with my BT headset on, and my smartphone on my desk (in a corner of our home), and talk on my smartphone with few areas where the audio breaks up- this is not so with the Ooma adapter. I have the adapter in my office, about 10 feet from my smartphone. It rang the Ooma when my wife called my mobile number, as it should. However, I had to move my smartphone within a few feet of the BT adapter to get decent audio. The range is supposed to be about 30 feet. But it's the kind of micro-dongle having an antenna designed for keyboards and mice located within a few feet of it. No wonder it doesn't work well unless the paired device is within a few feet! It's not even nearly as good (range-wise) as our tiny BT headsets (Motorola HX550).