Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#9230 by trnsprt
Wed May 06, 2009 9:16 pm
Hello:

I just set up ooma tonight. Registered the hub before connecting the system. Cable internet. I have a Motorola surfboard modem, then I connected the ooma hub via the modem slot and the hub to the Linksys wrt54gx-v2 via the home slot. I have two solid green lights on the home and modem slots on the hub. I have a blue light on the hub. I can make and receive calls. But I can no longer access the internet. The internet works if I hook a laptop directly to the hub via the home slot.

Also the wireless router is networking. I just can't get access to the internet.

I am a novice network troubleshooter.

Any suggestions to get the internet back up and working?

The internet works fine when I disconnect the ooma hub and hook the modem directly to the router.

Thanks In Advance
Last edited by trnsprt on Wed May 06, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#9233 by murphy
Thu May 07, 2009 2:30 am
Do you have cable? Did you power cycle the cable modem? That is always required when you change what is connected to the cable modem.
#9235 by koehn
Thu May 07, 2009 4:12 am
I'm an experienced user, and I had the same issue this morning, after quite a while of good ooma blue-lightedness.

My ooma showed red (top four red lights) this morning after working fine last night. No internet from inside (I was modem-ooma-router), and the advanced page showed my Ooma's modem-side IP address was 0.0.0.0 and that my internet connection was down. After rewiring to modem-router-ooma internet came right up and I'm blue again.

I suspect the ooma isn't properly renewing its DHCP lease from my upstream provider, but I could be wrong. I'll play with it tonight after work.
#9330 by trnsprt
Fri May 08, 2009 7:18 am
I figured it out. At some point, I think to fix a balky Xbox-360 networking issue, I had gone to Static IP's on the router. I went back to Automatic config-DHCP and that solved the problem. The Xbox-360 had long been hard wired to the router so the Static IP's were no longer necessary.