Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#103465 by AzJazz
Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:28 am
My Telo has been updated to the latest version (63430).

A Telo feature that I used very frequently doesn't work now (or, has been changed in some manner).

I used the *05 "Transfer call to Bluetooth Headset" feature for all my business calls. Until recently, going to Line 2, dialing *05, and then answering the call on my Bluetooth headset would transfer the call on Line 1 to the BT headset and simultaneously disconnect the handset from the call.

This does not work anymore. Now, when I dial *05 and answer the call on my Bluetooth headset, both the handset and BT headset are simultaneously connected to the call, and I can't disconnect the handset.

Please fix this!

Thanks,

AzJazz
#103572 by fuzzylogic
Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:09 am
I am also no longer able to transfer a call from either of my two Telo handsets (the model prior to the HD) to my bluetooth headset. Until recently (a couple of weeks ago) I was able to use the intercom button to initiate the transfer and toggle to send the call to the headset. Now I am unable to toggle.

Also I am unable to join a call (on those same handsets) with either/or of the handsets.

Please advise!
#103710 by IPeverywhere
Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:30 am
I have the same problem. Calls do not transfer from the handset to a bluetooth headset as they once did. Instead an intercom connection if formed between the handset and the headset. The call initiated from the handset is placed on hold. Both lines are in used. A temporary work around is to conference the two lines (press 1 & 2 on the Telo) then place the handset on mute. This ties up both lines but lets you use the headset.

I called Ooma two days ago about with this same problem. They were not aware of the issue and have not got back to me.

I really need a fix for this too as I use my Ooma for my business.
Thanks.
#103769 by Tom
Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:18 am
This is bug 15502. For now use the following method instead:

[HS = handset]
1. from the HS dial *15 and then the number (or *16 for 2nd BT headset, etc)
2. you will hear beeping in the BT headset
3. touch the answer button on the BT headset
4. you will now hear ringback on the BT headset indicating that the call is being placed (on line 1)
5. meanwhile the HS will return to the home screen
6. optionally press talk on the HS and then line 1 to join the line 1 call
7. to interact with an IVR you can now press digits on the HS and when done hangup
8. the call on line 1 using the BT headset will continue
#103791 by AzJazz
Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:51 pm
Thanks for the update, Bob!

I tried your suggested *15 sequence out, but I could not get my HS touch tones properly recognized by my work conference call system. I think I am running into the same problem that I had before I found out about the *05 feature.

If I remember correctly, using the *15 sequence occasionally results in double-tones being received at the called number end, which will bork up a touch tone access sequence.

While I can now connect a call to my BT headset (^15 allows that), this is only a partial solution. I still can't connect to my work conference calls using *15, since I need to enter access codes to connect properly.

Hopefully, Bug #15502 is being addressed, and will be resolved soon.

Thanks again,

AzJazz
#103809 by Tom
Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 am
Thank you. Entered bug 15535 for the touch tone problem. This is broken on the previous release (52474) also,
whether you use the handoff or *15 method. A workaround for now is to do following:

1. press the intercom button on the HS and select the BT headset (or select from the menu or dial *05)
2. you will hear beeping in the BT headset
3. touch the answer button on the BT headset (intercom call on line 1)
4. press talk on the HS and dial the number you want to reach (on line 2)
5. once the remote party answers press menu on the HS and then select 3-way conference
6. the audio of the line 1 call can now also be heard on the BT headset
7. next press digits on the HS to interact with the IVR
8. pressing hangup on the HS will terminate both calls
#103859 by AzJazz
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 am
Thanks, Tom - I'm not sure if you personally verified the touch tone "echo" problem, but I identified that issue by using a DTMF touch tone test phone number that vocally repeated back the keys that I pressed.

When I head the tester tell me that it heard a 1-1-3-3-6-6 when I dialed a 1-3-6, I knew why my touch tone access codes weren't being properly identified by my work conference call system.

I was looking at your suggested workaround (above), and that will only work for a Telo handset or HD2 handset, correct? My Telo handset battery died months ago. I don't expect the "intercom" button on my regular handset to buy me much. :D

AzJazz
#104116 by IPeverywhere
Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 pm
Things have been restored :D !!!
Ooma even left a voice message confirming this.

Very impressed thanks for the prompt repair.
--------------

i.e. The HS now transfers a call made to the BT head set and uses only one line.
This feature permits calling into a conference call, that requires keys be pressed before the call begins.
#104131 by big al
Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:34 pm
I don't know if this is the same problem but suddenly when I answer a call that happens to be for my wife, and she turns
on another handset and I turn mine off we lose the connection. This on At&t cordless dect 6 phones and had no prior
problems. Can anyone tell me what to dial to see what software version you have?

Thanks