Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#8756 by Leeway
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:23 am
Let me say I am a U-Verse owner who installed my Ooma two days ago and so far I love it. It took me 2 minutes to have it working.

I had the Modem to a Lan and the Phone to a wall jack.... everything was fine.

My networked things are Desktop, Laptop (wireless), Printer and Ooma
Everything showed up in my network just fine.

Today, I unpluged the network cable from the desktop and plugged it into the Home port of the Ooma just because I wanted to see the Ooma setup. I didn't touch a thing in there. My phone seemed to sound better and all was well.

That is until I was at the Desktop computer which is now plugged into the Ooma Home port and I cannot get to shared directories on my laptop.

I went into the U-Verse gateway router and it says my desktop is disabled.

Can this be fixed or do I have to remove the cable from the Ooma, climb under things and plug it back into my U-Verse gateway router?

Thanks. Donna
#8758 by WayneDsr
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:45 am
Plug it back into Uverse. Setting it up through ooma doesn't give you any benefit except being able to log into setup.ooma.com.

Not sure how the uverse router works, but if there is anything in the setup to control Priority to the port ooma is plugged into, or by IP address or mac address of ooma set that to prioritize ooma. All your calls will be fine.

Wayne
#9047 by bc3tech
Mon May 04, 2009 9:36 am
Is there any way to configure one's network to have the Ooma -> router -> modem setup so that you can still get to setup.ooma.com to configure your Ooma box?