Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#8525 by WoodyR
Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:19 am
Hello,

I'm a newbie to Ooma (love it) and just got a new Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless phone system (3 handsets with larger LCD). The problem I am having is that all incoming calls are logged as Missed Calls in the handsets twice per each call (same number, same time stamps). However, Ooma lounge call log correctly displays the incoming call vs. missed calls. Is there anyone who had the similar experience? My number has been ported to Ooma last Friday (I'm canceling my landline today) and I got the new phones over the weekend so I can't see if this is Ooma issue or the phone issue. Would appreciate any help on this. Thanks!
#8526 by WayneDsr
Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:23 am
I'm curious as to what model Panasonic. I also have a Panasonic 3 phone and do not have that issue. Does yours have voicemail?

Wayne
#8537 by WayneDsr
Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:58 am
I have a KX-TG1033S with voicemail and yes, make sure you turn VM off.
I thought that maybe your issue.
My phone does not react as yours does. All I did was turn the answering machine off.
Sorry I can't help.

Wayne
#8538 by bryanlyle
Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:01 am
I have the same phones and the same problem. If you can figure it out, that would be great :)

I think mine is only logging calls twice if they are missed. If somebody calls and I answer it, it's only logged once. I've double check that.

UPDATE: It's definitely an Ooma thing. I hooked my phone up to my current Verizon line and it worked as it should. One missed call registered as one missed call. Hooked it back up to Ooma and one missed call registered as two missed calls.
#8568 by Neubiee
Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:29 pm
I use a similar cordless phone and dont have that issue.

Only other thing I could recommend is a hard rest(usually seems to fix everything) - something I learned from these forums

1) Remove the power for the ooma device

2) Hold down the ooma tab [blue light] connect the power and hold for 30 secs until all the lights start flashing and once the flashing of all lights are done release the tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Also before you do that can you test your OOMA caller ID with another phone as well? If it does the same thing .. it certainly has to do with the ooma hub.
#8569 by mjv5864
Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:10 pm
I also have a similar unit and a couple of my old Vonage issues were solved by unplugging the main base unit of the phone for a couple of minutes and then see what happens after you plug it back in.

Also, they had recommended that you remove and reinstall the batteries from all of the handsets as well.