Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#98242 by kevindb85
Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:33 am
I'm upgrading my entire network tomorrow, and this is the router I'm going too. Does anyone have any experience with this router, and how it works with Ooma? Any problems, or any recommended settings?
Right now, I have it on a Linksys WRT54GL, with no speacial settings, and it sounds as good (maybe better) than the landline. Faxing works great also, and I don't even have it turned all the way down to basic.

Any experience from others would be greatly appreciated!
By the way, this is my first post. I read the forum quite a bit before buying, and it was very helpful.
#98245 by murphy
Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:44 am
kevindb85 wrote:I'm upgrading my entire network tomorrow, and this is the router I'm going too. Does anyone have any experience with this router, and how it works with Ooma? Any problems, or any recommended settings?
Right now, I have it on a Linksys WRT54GL, with no speacial settings, and it sounds as good (maybe better) than the landline. Faxing works great also, and I don't even have it turned all the way down to basic.

Any experience from others would be greatly appreciated!
By the way, this is my first post. I read the forum quite a bit before buying, and it was very helpful.

I have an EA3500.
It works fine as long as you don't let it upgrade to the Cisco Cloud Connect firmware.
It took a huge backlash on the Linksys forum website to get them to provide the "classic" firmware after it automatically upgraded to the CCC firmware.
One warning. The USB port with a hard disk connected to it is virtually worthless.
Also, do NOT enter your active Workgroup into its storage section. If you do you will lose contact with any PCs on your network that are older than Windows 7. It has broken Master Browser code.

Other than that it works fine providing IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity on Comcast.
#98271 by kevindb85
Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:44 pm
Murphy, does it come with the cloud connect firmware on it? Is this the same as the "Cloud Connect Software" that is used to set it up? Sorry if ant of this sounds stupid, but I know very little about setting up a network
#98274 by murphy
Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:56 pm
kevindb85 wrote:Murphy, does it come with the cloud connect firmware on it? Is this the same as the "Cloud Connect Software" that is used to set it up? Sorry if ant of this sounds stupid, but I know very little about setting up a network

Mine came with standard router firmware. A couple of weeks after I installed it the firmware was automatically updated to the cloud firmware because I had neglected to uncheck the automatic update box. I doubt that they have had time yet to have the cloud firmware on store shelves. In any event the classic firmware is available for download from their web site now.