Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#97515 by dsinternet
Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:55 pm
Thanks,
That worked.
I wish there was a way to type in the starting phone number and ending phone number to see if it is long distance. Kind of like a Mapquest for long distance calling.
#97947 by sinoue
Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:16 pm
I would have your friend get on Ooma too. If she doesn't have WiFi maybe a neighbor will let her on their connection for a fee smaller than her former phone bill. Seems crazy anyone still uses landlines where they nickel and dime old folks.
#99239 by LBarouf
Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:12 pm
lbmofo wrote:Personal opinion.....I don't understand why you had to cough up the $65 when she is the one who called you. Caller's responsibilty to know how much each call is supposed to cost. But that's a whole different topic.

In any case, every landline I know would let the caller know "you must dial 1 to complete this call" if long distance; this is true even if same area code if the call is long distance. The caller must have known something wasn't right if required to dial 1. Even if you are kind enough to pay for her mistake, why would Ooma be responsible? If they gave you a number in the wrong area, I can understand them getting you a different number for free.

Could not be more true. I'd walk over there and tell you : buddy, your number is a LD, what's up with that? Yes, Ooma's extent could be to only change the number for the right area for free.
#99240 by bw082151
Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:31 pm
Where I live, We must dial a "1" for every call, that we make. So you cannot tell by dialing a "1", if there is a charge involved. The person calling me lives a block away. She had no reason to think there would be any cost. The "local" number assigned by Ooma is for a town, that is 54.4 miles from where I live. I feel they owe me.

RAW, Oceanside