Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#96001 by tommy.r
Sun May 20, 2012 5:30 am
Finally got around to installing/setting up my telo. Registered, paid for Premier, started the number port, but I get the red flashing light and 1 and 2 are blue. I left it that way overnight, thinking it would take a little while to register or whatever, but it's the same way this morning. I've rebooted (via removing power) a couple times, but get to the same red flashing with 1 and 2 lit blue.

Is Ooma's telephone customer service not available on the weekends????

I remember some notification about leaving my current landline active, but I did setup the system with the number I'm wanting to port and got a second number from a list that was presented to me.

The telo successfully gets an IP from the router via DHCP (but went ahead and assigned it a static IP address, with port 80 forwarded on the telo so I can get to the config page on the network). Home network port works fine (I actually installed a few linux updates to a little netbook I had connected via that port). So I know the connection to my network is good. QoS is set up on the router via MAC address to the telo. I've done that before so I'm confident that's not the problem.

The "Home" Page on the telo says:

Internet: Connected
Ooma Network: Not connected - Attempting to connect to the Ooma network
Device Settings: Configured
WALL Port: No landline detected

The Device Status Page:

TO INTERNET port: Connected: [ 192.168.1.106 ]
HOME NETWORK port: Connected: [172.27.35.80]
OOMA Tunnel: Connected
Applications:
Telephony: 968 - Running
DNS: 548 - Running
Webserver: 608 - Running
VPN: 1555 - Running
Free Memory: 194304
Ooma Services:
Instant Second Line™: Active
Voicemail: Active
Do Not Disturb and Send-to-Voicemail: Active
Three-Way Conferencing: Active
Google Voice Extensions: Active
Enhanced Inbound Caller-ID: Active
#96002 by lbmofo
Sun May 20, 2012 5:54 am
If you setup Ooma with the number you want to port over, your Ooma device must have a "wall" port?

In your setup configuration, you must feed the Ooma "wall" port with your existing phone service's dialtone (using a phone cord, connect Ooma's "wall" port to your phone jack).

This mode of Ooma is called "landline integration." In this config, all incoming calls and outgoing local calls (including toll free, 911) would be going through your landline. There are some possible issues such as no incoming callerid (even if your landline service has callerid) in this mode until your number gets ported.

A little more on the landline integration mode troubles: /viewtopic.php?t=11173

If you want to switch Ooma to standalone mode, you can call customer service to have them change your config.

Ooma Customer Service:
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

If you have number port ordered, you should have all steps checked up through "Port Initiated" but don't worry about the estimated date being very far out...chances are, that date would be brought in when "Port Scheduled for Completion" gets updated: https://my.ooma.com/porting_status
#96005 by Leeway
Sun May 20, 2012 6:37 am
I think it is much simpler to use the stand alone Telo connection and while you are waiting for your number to be ported you will have a temporary number. Then if you can, go to your landline provider and forward all calls to the temporary number. When the port is complete, you will be back to the number you want and no need to forward to the Telo number. Your ported number will automatically become your Telo number on completion.

Donna
#96011 by thunderbird
Sun May 20, 2012 9:59 am
tommy.r:
"Ooma Network: Not connected - Attempting to connect to the Ooma network" is your problem.

You will have to contact Ooma Customer Support to have them correct the problem on their side:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#96028 by tommy.r
Mon May 21, 2012 2:46 am
So the ooma cust service got me hooked up. When I signed up, since my telo has no wall jack, I wasn't supposed to be offered the landline integration option. So they assigned me a temp number while my current number is posted, and viola! blue light! Everything works. Good call quality so far. Wish I could forward my current number while I wait (don't plan to call in and add that particular item to my way overpriced landline, that's for sure!)

Thanks everyone for the help/comments.

Tommy.R