Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#95212 by Dintkin
Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 am
Hello,

My Ooma will not keep a connection. tried between Modem and Router after Router, restarting everything in order (modem-router-ooma), new cables new Modem ,nothing helps.

Starting to think the Ooma box may be bad.

I have Time Warner Roadrunner internet

Motorola SB6141 cable modem

Linksys WRT160N Router

Thank You
#95238 by Dintkin
Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 am
Thank you for the reply lbmofo.

I still have the same problem. If the Ooma box isn't defective it is way too finicky for me to trust for a phone service.

I normally don't give up on stuff like this but its day 7 for me and nothing is working..

Thanks again.
#95244 by thunderbird
Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:25 am
Dintkin wrote:Hello,
My Ooma will not keep a connection.

When you say the Ooma Telo won't keep a connection, what symtoms do you get?

Does the Ooma Telo shut off, or reboot, or flash red?

Is there any lights left on the Ooma Telo or is it dark when it looses the connection?

What do you do to bring the connection back?

You could try this when the Ooma Telo is up and running:
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.
#95249 by Dintkin
Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 am
Thanks for the reply Thunderbird.

Most of the time the first sign of trouble is no sound coming from the phone with all the lights still on the Ooma. Then all the lights shut off except for the 1 and 2. Then it goes through the re-connect process. this happens around 3 to 4 times an hour.

Not so often i get the red flashing light with a busy signal through the phone then i believe i have to restart Ooma to get it to connect again.

Thank You
Last edited by Dintkin on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
#95250 by WayneDsr
Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 am
Sounds like it could be a modem gone bad.

Wayne
#95252 by Dintkin
Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:19 am
Thanks for the reply wanedsr,

bad cable modem was one of my first thoughts. I replaced the very old modem I had with a new one with no change.

Thank you.
#95253 by thunderbird
Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:29 am
Dintkin wrote:Thanks for the reply Thunderbird.

Most of the time the first sign of trouble is no sound coming from the phone with all the lights still on the Ooma. Then all the lights shut off except for the 1 and 2. Then it goes through the re-connect process. this happens around 3 to 5 times an hour.

Not so often i get the red flashing light with a busy signal through the phone then i believe i have to restart Ooma to get it to connect again.

Thank You

Try connecting your Ooma Telo to a different power source/house wall outlet. If the Ooma Telo behaves in the same way probably the Ooma Telo is defective. Most Ooma Telos have a one year warranty. If your Ooma Telo is within the Warranty period, Ooma will send another Ooma Telo shipping prepaid. They will also send a shipping label to ship the defective Ooma device back. You just plug it in and it works.

Or you could take the Ooma Telo back and exchange it at the place where you bought it. In that case you have to call Ooma Customer Support to transfer you profile from the defective Ooma device to the replacement Ooma Telo. Don't try to activate the Ooma Telo using My Ooma.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#95268 by TPower
Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:44 pm
check your connection to the back of the telo unit some units have a loose plug
#95269 by Dintkin
Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:08 pm
The plug is snug and have used have used it in differient rooms.
Its only a week old I will try for an exchange.

Thank you