Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#94689 by pat
Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:02 am
I recently purchased an Ooma Telo Air device and have been using it successfully with my Uniden cordless handsets. I recently purchased a used Telo handset on eBay. But the base seems to be ignoring the handset or vice versa. I have my 4 digit number to register the handset, but when I press the broadcast icon on the Telo base unit and get it flashing, and after I power on the handset, the handset just continuously says "Searching"; I never get prompted to enter my 4-digit number. Does anyone know what might be wrong? :cry:
#94691 by murphy
Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:30 am
It's already registered to a different Telo and needs to be factory reset.

Push and hold the red button until it turns off.
Press and hold the antenna button on the Telo base to put it into registration mode.

Press and hold the left soft key (above the green key) and the zero key. Then press and release the red key. After the handset turns on you can release the left soft key and the zero key.
#94697 by pat
Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:36 am
THANKS MURPHY! YOU'RE SOLUTION WORKED LIKE A CHARM! :)
#95478 by md1207
Wed May 02, 2012 4:56 pm
Thank you so much for the factory reset information. My old telo died and I just got another one but the handset wouldn't register. I had the same problem as the above person. Why is this information listed nowhere in the manual for the handset or elsewhere on the website. Thank heaven for google. You instructions fixed my problem and I'm eternally grateful. :!: