Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#8097 by mikegoldnj
Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:43 am
Here is my current situation:

ooma hub set up to work with current landline (port in process). House is wired for two lines, Line 1 is being used with ooma, line 2 will be kept as basic line for alarm system. ooma hub is plugged into line 1, ooma scout is plugged into line 1.

Expandable cordless phone with 4 handsets plugged in to scout.

I understand that the cordless set will operate as if it is a single phone.

Once my port completes I will disconnect the telco input from the NID.

In order to take full advantage of the Instant second line, am I correct in assuming that I must connect a separate cordless phone base into the hub? At that point if someone is on the phone using the device plugged into the scout and a second call comes in, it could be answered on teh device plugged in to the hub?
#8098 by WayneDsr
Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:49 am
You can either answer the call on the hub 2nd line or "flash" over from the Scout's phone to the hubs.

It would be better to have a phone on both hub and scout. If someone is on line one and you want to make a call, just pick up the hub phone and you will get dial tone on line 2 and make your call.

Wayne
#8099 by mikegoldnj
Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:54 am
WayneDsr wrote:You can either answer the call on the hub 2nd line or "flash" over from the Scout's phone to the hubs.

It would be better to have a phone on both hub and scout. If someone is on line one and you want to make a call, just pick up the hub phone and you will get dial tone on line 2 and make your call.

Wayne

Thanks. That's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure.

By the way, when my number port is finalized, does ooma automatically change the hub configuration to non-landline use?