Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#94470 by dg919
Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:17 am
My Telo is being replaced under warranty. What is the procedure to follow when the new unit arrives. I have two phone numbers and and ooma phone. Can it be as simple as taking the old unit out and replacing it with the new one?
#94476 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:23 am
dg919 wrote:My Telo is being replaced under warranty. What is the procedure to follow when the new unit arrives. I have two phone numbers and and ooma phone. Can it be as simple as taking the old unit out and replacing it with the new one?

If Ooma Customer Service is sending you the replacement Ooma Telo, then all you do unplug the old Ooma Telo and plug in the replacement Ooma Telo. Then send the old Ooma Telo back using the prepaid shipping label that is enclosed with the replacemant Ooma Telo.
If you are getting the replacement Ooma Telo from the store where you bought the original Ooma Telo, you have to contact Ooma Customer Service to transfer your profile from the old to replacement Ooma Telo.
#94507 by dansb
Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:49 pm
I received a Telo unit to replace an Ooma core system. I hooked it up by way of the instruction manual which was Telo-Router. My original Core setup was Modem- Ooma -Router, (Option A in the startup guide). I am still having some issues and think it may be best to go the the telo between the modem and router however when I connect them following the instructions I lose my internet connection. I do not remember that happening with this setup on the old core system setup. Could I have accidentally changed a vale in the Telo setup.
#94508 by murphy
Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:54 pm
When you make that change you must power cycle your modem.
#142684 by RySmith
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 pm
These posts are several years old... How is it that they still haven't add support for replacing a unit through my.ooma.com?!?!?!?

I shouldn't have to call support and sit on hold to do something that should be very simple. Also, the Live Chat support is was useless in this process. They just hand out the 1-800 number.
#142988 by rosaraiya
Wed May 02, 2018 4:54 pm
RySmith wrote:These posts are several years old... How is it that they still haven't add support for replacing a unit through my.ooma.com?!?!?!?

I shouldn't have to call support and sit on hold to do something that should be very simple. Also, the Live Chat support is was useless in this process. They just hand out the 1-800 number.

I have the same complaint. Why do I need to wait for their business hours to swap out a Telo Box? Stone Age? :o