Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#93540 by dxt55
Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:46 pm
In the past, it was reported that the DMZ feature in the Ooma Hub didn't work. The Hub firmware has been updated since then, and I'm wondering if DMZ ever started working for anyone?

I have: Cable Modem -> Ooma -> Wireless Router
I like to keep it in this order, but if I'm able to put the Wireless Router in Ooma's DMZ (and assuming it works), this would allow me to avoid a double-NAT situation, right?
#93543 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:11 am
dxt55 wrote:In the past, it was reported that the DMZ feature in the Ooma Hub didn't work. The Hub firmware has been updated since then, and I'm wondering if DMZ ever started working for anyone?

I have: Cable Modem -> Ooma -> Wireless Router
I like to keep it in this order, but if I'm able to put the Wireless Router in Ooma's DMZ (and assuming it works), this would allow me to avoid a double-NAT situation, right?

The Ooma DMZ has always worked. It's just that some ports that may be needed, my not be open, restricted by Ooma. A double NAT is not bad. A double NAT can be used as double protection.
#93544 by murphy
Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:38 am
dxt55 wrote:I like to keep it in this order, but if I'm able to put the Wireless Router in Ooma's DMZ (and assuming it works), this would allow me to avoid a double-NAT situation, right?

DMZ does not avoid double NAT. It's purpose is to bypass the firewall rules in the device.