Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#90318 by bukzin
Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:37 pm
Here is my set-up...

Comcast broadband > cable modem (SB 6120) > Cradlepoint router > Telo > cordless phone (Panasonic DECT 6.0)

My speedtest.net says 36 Mbp down and 4 Mbp up.

Two problems; often when a call comes in phone rings but there is only a dial tone when answered.

Second issue; about half the time when I'm on a call and try to flash over to call waiting it goes to a dial tone.

When it works call quality is very good.

Any ideas where I might go from here?

Thanks!
#90320 by thunderbird
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:06 am
bukzin wrote:Here is my set-up...

Comcast broadband > cable modem (SB 6120) > Cradlepoint router > Telo > cordless phone (Panasonic DECT 6.0)

My speedtest.net says 36 Mbp down and 4 Mbp up.

Two problems; often when a call comes in phone rings but there is only a dial tone when answered.

Second issue; about half the time when I'm on a call and try to flash over to call waiting it goes to a dial tone.

When it works call quality is very good.

Any ideas where I might go from here?
Thanks!

To help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection turn off MAC address Spoofing, which can cause dropped calls, by doing the following:
If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem, your Router and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.

Check your Modem Owner's manual and see if you can do a reset. Note: Some modems contain a battery that must be tempoarily removed when the reset is taking place, for the reset to be successful.

Make sure your Cradlepoint Router's firmware is up to date.