USB Hub USB Hub Compatible with Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Adapters

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
thunderbird

USB Hub USB Hub Compatible with Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Adapters

Post by thunderbird » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:16 pm

I've never got around to purchasing a USB hub to use with our Ooma Telo, with the Ooma Bluetooth USB adapter and the Wireless Wi-Fi USB adapter.

I and wondering if anyone out there is using a USB adapter that has proven to be compatible with the Ooma Telo, Bluetooth and Wireless Wi-Fi adapters?

murphy

Re: USB Hub USB Hub Compatible with Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Adapters

Post by murphy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:09 am

thunderbird wrote:I've never got around to purchasing a USB hub to use with our Ooma Telo, with the Ooma Bluetooth USB adapter and the Wireless Wi-Fi USB adapter.

I and wondering if anyone out there is using a USB adapter that has proven to be compatible with the Ooma Telo, Bluetooth and Wireless Wi-Fi adapters?
I have not done that but get one that has it's own power supply if you do.
One of the devices will probably have to be put on a long extension cable. Bluetooth and WiFi are both on 2.4 GHz. If the two devices are close together they will de-sense each others receivers.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

thunderbird

Re: USB Hub USB Hub Compatible with Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Adapters

Post by thunderbird » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:20 am

murphy wrote:
thunderbird wrote:I've never got around to purchasing a USB hub to use with our Ooma Telo, with the Ooma Bluetooth USB adapter and the Wireless Wi-Fi USB adapter.

I have not done that but get one that has it's own power supply if you do.
One of the devices will probably have to be put on a long extension cable. Bluetooth and WiFi are both on 2.4 GHz. If the two devices are close together they will de-sense each others receivers.
I've noticed that a couple of people have said that their Ooma Telo symbol will flash red, then blue, repeatedly over and over again, when both the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi adapters are both connected to the Ooma Telo USB port.