Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#88621 by hug7
Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:26 pm
everytime I pickup the phone,then ooma hub tab light change orange ,red and begin rebooting,sometime has 1 second dialtone,then turn off,the ooma hub is in china,I am wondering if internet provider problem or hardware problem?
#88622 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:54 pm
hug7 wrote:everytime I pickup the phone,then ooma hub tab light change orange ,red and begin rebooting,sometime has 1 second dialtone,then turn off,the ooma hub is in china,I am wondering if internet provider problem or hardware problem?

Ooma suggests that you have a minimum of 385 kbps download and 265 kbps upload speeds.

Measure your China Upload and Download speeds with http://www.phonepower.com/speedtest. After running Phonepower Speedtest, click on the Phonepower Speedtest Advanced tab to see Upload and Download speeds.

Sometimes by just rebooting the Modem and Ooma Hub, especially in China, you will get a better Internet connection with the proper Upload and Download speeds. I have had to Reboot up to 20 tiems to get a better Internet connection with the porper Internet speeds.

If you have the proper Internet Speeds, you can do a factory reset of the Hub and Scout also.

See these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8124&hilit=factory+Reset+Scout
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4557&p=32600&hilit=factory+Reset+Scout#p32600
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2704

Hub and/or Scout factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.

Once the Factory reset has taken place, you may have to access Ooma Setup http://172.27.35.1 and restore your previous settings.
#88625 by hug7
Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:55 pm
download speed is 1.7m, upload is 324 kbs,packet loss 0.0%
jitter you->server 23.4ms
server-> 3.3ms
reser three times no use
#88627 by thunderbird
Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:02 am
hug7 wrote:everytime I pickup the phone,then ooma hub tab light change orange ,red and begin rebooting,sometime has 1 second dialtone,then turn off,the ooma hub is in china,I am wondering if internet provider problem or hardware problem?

hug7 wrote:download speed is 1.7m, upload is 324 kbs,packet loss 0.0%
jitter you->server 23.4ms
server-> 3.3ms
reser three times no use

You have to get the Jitter down to less than 5ms with zero dropped packets. Jitter You>Server is often a sign of a defective Modem.

If the connection is Modem-Ooma-Router, reboot the Modem and Ooma, to try to get a better Internet connection. Each time after rebooting, Run Phonepower Speedtest to check for improvement in Jitter reading. When we were in China, at some locations we had to repeat this process up to twenty times to get a good Internet connection. After we got a good Internet conneciton, everything was fine.

You could temprarily take your Ooma Hub to someone else's home for testing, always checking for Jitter and Lost packets.

If you never see an improvement in Jitter in your China home, try replacing the Modem.