Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#87179 by ntf34
Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:37 pm
I am trying to instal Ooma and nothing I do seems to work. I have a cable modem that also has another VOIP going directly through it. This is for the local calls in the country I am in. I have a EDIMAX wireless router the way it was config by the tech for my service provider for the WAN settings is L2TP. I have tried to connect modem ooma router computer I have also tried modem router ooma. I am not sure what I am doing wrong . any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
#87180 by lbmofo
Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:49 pm
Did you activate your Ooma device on https://www.ooma.com?

If so, for the modem - ooma - router configuration, you need to make sure you power down everything and then power up everything one by one. For the cable modem, you need to remove the battery (if you have battery backedup modem) to power down.

Power up the modem first, wait til online, then Ooma, wait til blue, then your router.

Ooma's "to internet" port needs to plug into the modem and "to home network" needs to plug into the WAN port of the router.
#87181 by ntf34
Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:59 pm
I tried that a few times already. I get the one and the 2 to get blue then the bottom row of buttons flashes. A few times when I was doing it the Ooma button in the middle flashed red now it wont even due that anymore. Did I not wait long enough for it to cycle? I waited over 20 minutes some of the times. when I go into the Ooma setup page what should my setting be?
#87189 by thunderbird
Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:25 pm
ntf34:
Run http://www.speedtest.net/ and make sure that you have enough bandwidth to operate an Ooma device.

Ooma suggests that you have a minimum of 385 kbps download and 265 kbps upload speeds.

If you are using a DSL Internet Service, for a Modem-Ooma-Router connection, you have to access Ooma Setup and and select PPPoE as connection type, and enter your DSL Name and Password.