Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#6878 by Rod
Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:20 pm
I've been using my Ooma system since early January. I've had two numbers setup on my hub. Tonight I setup my Scout and moved my "secondary" phone number,from the hub, to it (the scout).

My secondary line works as I thought it would. Calls that ring to it only ring the phone connected to the scout.

Unfortunately calls that ring to my main line ring both the hub and the scout! This isn't what I want. I logged back into the "Lounge" and "assigned" a new device, this time I assigned my hub.

I then attempted to move my main line from the "Shared Device(s)" to my newly assigned hub. I end up with the following error message:

"Your Number could not be saved at this time

Error received from OSS [158] The Primary Phone Number For The OOMA System Cannot Be Moved From The Shared Devices.
(30451/160)"

It's after hours for tech support from Ooma. I intend to call them tomorrow but am posting here to see if anyone can point me in the proper direction to accomplish what I want before I try to get in touch with a person at Ooma.

Thanks,
Rod
#6897 by murphy
Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:11 am
Your primary number can't be moved from the hub. Your secondary number can be moved to a scout. Once you do that wait the prescribed 3 minutes before trying it. If their server is still slow as a result of yesterdays outage it may take longer. The secondary number should only ring on the scout and the primary number should only ring on the hub.
#6925 by Rod
Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:49 am
I'll wait until I get home tonight to test this out again. I'll power cycle both the hub and scout.

As I mentioned the "secondary" number assigned to the scout worked as I hoped, it was only the "primary" number attached to the hub that rang on both the hub and scout, which I don't want. I only wish for the primary number to ring on the hub.
#16293 by estecco
Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:13 pm
Hi, I am having the same problem when trying to assign the hub the primary number (Error received from OSS [158] The Primary Phone Number For The OOMA System Cannot Be Moved From The Shared Devices.). It's strange despite having only one scout (to which I assigned the secondary number) there are still scouts shown as unassigned. I think this is what stops me from assigning the hub the primary number. How can I delete those unassigned scouts (which I don't have)? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.