Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#86611 by vange
Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:05 am
All:

I recently purchased an Ooma Telo and am trying to install it behind my Buffalo router. It wont work that way.
In a nutshell, I need my setup to do the following. I host a webserver at home on port 443. I need a way to use the IP address of my ISP to get to the server via https://. When I put Ooma in front of my router, Ooma works, server routing does not. When I opt Ooma behind my router, server routing works, Ooma does not.

I have tried tweaking the Ooma settings under setup.ooma.com, but honestly I am lost in a bit of networking hell.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Right now, my Ooma is just blinking red furiously...

Thank you!
#86613 by thunderbird
Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:43 am
With the connection Modem-Router-Ooma, access Ooma Setup. When the Ooma Setup page opens, click on Internet. Right after Connection Type: click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Go to the bottom and click on Update Device. Remove power from your Modem, Router, and Ooma Telo. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma device.
#86660 by markpace
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:22 am
I had to move my ooma behind my router as I have to do a lot of FTP work which I could not make work with ooma in front of the router. The problem now is I can't reach the ooma setup. I looked at my routers DHCP table and found the IP address, but when I put that in my web browser it says that IP address is not responding. Any hints & tips?