Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#86548 by gwieland
Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:09 pm
I connect my DSL Speedstream 5360 modem to Telo internet port and get no connection. The internet port shows a steady light and a blinking light, so the internet must be connected alright. (Home network port of Telo is connected to router with a steady light and a blinking light) Telo logo is blinking red and three rows of blue lights are steady while bottom row is out). After the Telo logo switches to blinking red, the internet plug only shows one steady light, other light is dark. What can I do?
#86550 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:29 pm
Did you activate Ooma online at ooma.com?

Power cycle everything. Turn everything off. Then turn on things in order. Modem first, wait til online, then Ooma, wait til blue, then router. If router is before Ooma, turn on the router first, wait til online, then Ooma.
#86594 by gwieland
Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 pm
Thanks for the advice on powering up sequence. Tried that a couple of times with no luck. I am now using Telo after the modem > router > The phone call quality seems okay. I have DSL supposedly up to 5Mbs. Dslreports gives me 2.6 Mbs, so hopefully that is enough even though I have Telo after the router. Thanks again for the help.