Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#86413 by gomnwild1
Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:28 am
I've been trying to get my Windstream number ported since April and I'm beyond frustrated. First it failed because I didn't give a recent bill, then it failed because I lacked a pin, now it failed stating my number is not a Windstream number and I need to submit a recent copy of my bill yet again.
Any advice on how I can actually get my number ported? It feels to me like when I submit the request to OOMA, there is not an actual person working the request, but rather a process that is just flinging the same data to Windstream repeatedly and hoping for a different result. Any advice is appreciated.
#86416 by lbmofo
Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:44 am
Have you been reading your emails during these failed attempts? When resolution is required, Ooma would send you requests via email. Some companies get involved in customer retention practices (violation of FCC rules) hence give you a hard time when porting a number out. The best thing to do is to provide whatever they need so you can port your number out as fast as you can.
#86424 by gomnwild1
Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:00 am
I have faithfully replied to each email and request and provided every additional piece of information requested. We called Windstream and they stated that there is no reason the number can't be ported. The last time we submitted a port request we supplied everything ever requested from us in previous failed attempts - still we got nothing from OOMA for weeks, the tentative port date came and went and 2 weeks after the scheduled port date I sent another email to OOMA requesting information and a day later they reply back with "this number is no longer with Windstream". The response is strange since I just got another bill from Windstream yesterday.