Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#86269 by eastsidedave
Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:13 am
new person here that just hooked up the ooma. porting my number from vonage but before i can, the directions were to get a temp number to hook up the ooma and then do the porting. i have done that and it states that i need to keep my current phone service active until the porting takes place. i am assuming that this means (since i have a temp #) to undo the wiring from the back of the ooma and hook them back to the vonage in order to have phone service. i still have power to the ooma and the logo is blinking red. should i unplug until the porting takes place or leave it plugged in. sorry for being so long and thanks in advance.
#86270 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:48 am
Has your Ooma come online yet?

You can keep both Vonage and Ooma running at the same time. You just need to make sure you don't cancel Vonage before the port completes. For the time being, if you want to just use the phones connected to ooma, you can forward all calls from Vonage to your Ooma temp number. Shortfall is outgoing call is going to show your temp Ooma number as callerid.
#86351 by Givmeabrek
Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:08 pm
You can unplug Vonage and throw it out! Just forward your Vonage phone number to the temp Ooma number and hook it up in its permanent location. When the number is ported Vonage will notify you of the good news: Your Vonage account has been closed! Enjoy. :D