Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#85717 by DTR
Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:10 pm
Is it possible to rename the banner in the telo handset display that says ""Handset 1" ? Can I use myOoma.com to change it, or did I overlook the setting in the handset menu?

For simple "Intercom" usage, I'd like to name them per the location of the handset. i.e. Kitchen, Den, Living Rm, M. Bedroom and etc.

Does "intercom" work even if the internet connection is down? In other words..... Does the normal DECT Handset Intercom function work without connection to the SIP server? I guess I could go pull the data cord and check, but I'm sure someone here already knows.

Thanks
#86139 by DTR
Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:10 pm
Well i'm guessing that there is no way to rename the Telo Handsets. So I guess i'll have to remember what room has what number handset for the intercom (wife will never get it remembered). I have a very large home, with other outbuildings on the property, so I will have a total of four Uniden DECT 6.0 phones and four Telo Handsets, so you can see this would help me out on Intercom if I could rename them.
#86140 by lbmofo
Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:15 pm
DTR wrote:Well i'm guessing that there is no way to rename the Telo Handsets. So I guess i'll have to remember what room has what number handset for the intercom (wife will never get it remembered). I have a very large home, with other outbuildings on the property, so I will have a total of four Uniden DECT 6.0 phones and four Telo Handsets, so you can see this would help me out on Intercom if I could rename them.

You are catching up to SouthSound it seems: Total Lines: 6 / Numbers: 10 / Handsets: 20
#86155 by thunderbird
Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:16 pm
DTR wrote:Well i'm guessing that there is no way to rename the Telo Handsets. So I guess i'll have to remember what room has what number handset for the intercom (wife will never get it remembered). I have a very large home, with other outbuildings on the property, so I will have a total of four Uniden DECT 6.0 phones and four Telo Handsets, so you can see this would help me out on Intercom if I could rename them.

I'm wondering if you do a factory reset on each of your Ooma Telo Handsets first, then re-register each handset in the order that you want, if that procedure will accomplish what you want.

Telo Handset Factory Reset:
On your telo handset, perform a Telo handset factory reset:

1.Hold down red button until handset goes off(about 3 sec)
2.Press the red power button & before the display lights up to the menu(should be white display), hold down the zero key & left soft key at the same time (left soft key is the button above the green phone key)
3. Handset will be in registration mode & can be re-registered to the Ooma Telo.

DTR wrote:Does "intercom" work even if the internet connection is down? In other words..... Does the normal DECT Handset Intercom function work without connection to the SIP server? I guess I could go pull the data cord and check, but I'm sure someone here already knows.
Thanks

I don't have Ooma Telo Handsets, so I don't know. So if you Pull the cord and test, let us know how it comes out.
#86177 by psmsmallengines
Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:37 am
I called Ooma on this shortly after porting over a number to be for my second line. Long story short, I am on my third ooma handset, the first two were sent back, Problems. Anyway, I registered the new handset and it says handset 2, I want it to say handset 1 they tried a reset on theor end, but to no avail. It still says Handset 2. The lady from ooma gave me a link. when I type this link in, My ooma telo is supposed to be hooked in through my computer. And supposedly this will redesignate my handset. I have yet to try this and I am a little leeery on doing so, but here is the link, AGAIN, I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS http://www.setup.ooma.com/CGI-BIN/MFGDI ... ock_hs.Lua

Let me know how you do with this.