Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#85372 by psmsmallengines
Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:24 am
Got my THIRD replacment Ooma handset from ooma last week, this is a piece of junk just like the others were, screen freezes up, the same old routine. I had a number ported over to ooma, I want to use the handset JUST for that second number. I canot find anywhere on how to do this, it said I can buy a personal nunber for $4.99 a month. I have premier, I shouldnt have to buy anything more. Does anyone know if I can assign my second number to JUST the HANDSET? and HOW is this DONE? Thanks, I am going to send this one back too if need be, nothing should be this difficult.
#85374 by murphy
Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:29 am
psmsmallengines wrote:Got my THIRD replacment Ooma handset from ooma last week, this is a piece of junk just like the others were, screen freezes up, the same old routine. I had a number ported over to ooma, I want to use the handset JUST for that second number. I canot find anywhere on how to do this, it said I can buy a personal nunber for $4.99 a month. I have premier, I shouldnt have to buy anything more. Does anyone know if I can assign my second number to JUST the HANDSET? and HOW is this DONE? Thanks, I am going to send this one back too if need be, nothing should be this difficult.

In Preferences -> Phone Numbers click on Add a Personal Device.
Make your handset a personal device.
Once that is done, assign you second number to the personal device.
#85385 by psmsmallengines
Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:19 am
Thank you for your help on this, I called Ooma shortly after I Posted this and the lady did something on the ooma end of thigs nand my handset still comes up as handset 2 but, she did get it to ring independt of my main line which is really what I wanted. She explained that I would have to hook up my telo to my computer to change the handset to handset 1. She also provided me with a link. I then thought about it, what about a personal greeting? Can this be done JUST for the second line? and if yes, How? Thanks again for your taking time out to help me, I like ooma, I really do, but it can be very frustrating to use sometime, at least it is to me, I dont know, maybe it's just me, anyway, thanks again.
#85526 by murphy
Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:30 am
Once the handset is setup as a personal device with it's own phone number you can push the envelope key on the handset to get to voicemail. That will take you into voicemail setup if you haven't done it already. If it is already setup option 2 will take you to the prompts to record a greeting.