Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#84108 by ddd5
Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:13 pm
Okay, so I thought it was working fine, but now I've got a new problem. This isn't exactly Ooma related, but maybe someone here with a little experience with security systems can help me out. So now I've ported my original landline number to Ooma, and I've got a new landline number from AT&T that I've got my security system hooked up to. The landline works great, and the Ooma system works great. I haven't touched the wiring outside in the NIB, and nothing was changed physically throughout the porting/new line process. But now, my security system no longer connects to the security company. It constantly gives a communication failure error. Nothing else has changed. I even checked in the alarm box, and there's no loose wires or anything. I've tried dealing with technical support at both the security company and AT&T, but neither can help out without sending a technician and charging a very hefty fee. I don't mind paying to get it fixed, but I'd like to fix it myself if at all possible. If anyone could provide any tips or insight, I'd really appreciate it.
#84111 by murphy
Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:32 pm
Your landline must go directly to the alarm panel.
If it has DSL on it a special DSL filter for the alarm panel is required.
The phone line coming out of the alarm panel is used to feed the house.
#84112 by ddd5
Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:00 pm
From what I can tell, the landline goes directly to the alarm panel. It used to work perfectly before the porting/new landline number, but now it doesn't.

Oh, and I don't have DSL. I have a cable modem.
#84663 by lbmofo
Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:06 pm
ddd5, are you still having issues?

You haven't changed anything in your NIB other than connecting the 2 orange pairs together correct?

Normally, the phones connected to your landline and phones connected to your Ooma all work fine?

When you do alarm panel call tests, do your landline phones go dead?