Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#79238 by Toots
Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:27 am
Can you connect the Scout to another jack when you have the Hub set

up for whole house?

I have read that this is not possible and I have read that this is

possible if you connect your Hub Wall connection to your Wall as well

as your Phone connection.

I tried this and was able to connect my Scout and get the blue

signal; however, when I called my number from another phone it rang a

few times and then sounded like the sounds you get when you

inadvertently call a dedicated fax line.

Please advise, would love to use my Scout as a second place to check

my voice mail.

Toots
#79240 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:46 am
Hello, if you distribute your Ooma dialtone throughout the house (make sure your house wiring is disconnected from the telephone company), you can mix in the HPNA signal (the "wall" port of Ooma) with the Ooma dialtone before you feedback into a walljack. This way, at any walljack, you can either plug in a phone or a Scout (up to 4) or both.
#79322 by Toots
Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:41 am
My wiring is disconnected from the phone company.
My Hub as I said is connected to the wall phone line with the Wall, Phone and also my actual phone receiver.

My Scout was connected to the wall phone line with the Wall and the actual phone was connected directly to the Scout at Phone.

While I had this setup, I received a call and tried to answer on the Scout. I received a message that I did not have a second phone line and would require a premium account to get a second phone line.

With this setup, it did not work.

What am I doing wrong?

When I activated my ooma I had an AT&T line and gave that number but I canceled that line after installing ooma; however, when I log on to myooma, it shows both telephone numbers from which to choose. I have a new phone number assigned from ooma. The old number was canceled. Could this be a problem?

Thanks

Toots
#79323 by ntoy
Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:53 am
Toots wrote:My wiring is disconnected from the phone company.
My Hub as I said is connected to the wall phone line with the Wall, Phone and also my actual phone receiver.

My Scout was connected to the wall phone line with the Wall and the actual phone was connected directly to the Scout at Phone.

While I had this setup, I received a call and tried to answer on the Scout. I received a message that I did not have a second phone line and would require a premium account to get a second phone line.

With this setup, it did not work.

What am I doing wrong?

When I activated my ooma I had an AT&T line and gave that number but I canceled that line after installing ooma; however, when I log on to myooma, it shows both telephone numbers from which to choose. I have a new phone number assigned from ooma. The old number was canceled. Could this be a problem?

Thanks

Toots

Hello Toots,

I'm not detecting the scout. Is the tab on the scout blue? And you've tried bringing the scout & scout power supply to where the hub is located & tried connecting a phone wire from the back of the scout's wall port to the back of the hub's wall port?
#79327 by Toots
Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:26 am
I disconnected the Scout. Was afraid it would interfere with my incoming calls. No I have not moved the Scout to run tests. Should I? I will try it and get back to you.

Thanks

Toots
#79331 by Toots
Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:17 pm
I took the Scout downstairs and connected it to the Hub, my phone and the power and it worked great.

I then returned it upstairs and connected as it was before and it turned blue. I then went next door and called my number
and got a strange noice instead of ringing sound for about 6 times and then it quit.

The light on the Scout is still blue if you want to try it. But doubt I can receive calls.

Toots
#79335 by Toots
Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:34 pm
Think I did not test the Scout adequately. I only connected it to the Hub, it turned blue and I lifted the receiver and got the ooma sound. I probably should have gone next door and called with that configuration, but I did not. Should I?

Toots
#79336 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:41 pm
So you connect the Scout directly to Hub, you get blue tab. You now connect to a walljack that's got Ooma dialtone and "wall" signal mixed in, the scout gets blue tab...what' the problem or issue?
#79338 by Toots
Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:16 pm
My problem or issue is as I initially stated, I cannot use the Scout to check my voicemail. In fact when the Scout is connected to a walljack and it is blue I cannot receive calls. This is why I posted the problem to this forum. I hoped I would get guidance on how to properly set up my system so that I could use the Scout. I explained how I had it set up and asked if this was correct. Nobody has told me it was not. So, I am back to square one.

Toots
#79339 by ntoy
Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:26 pm
Toots wrote:My problem or issue is as I initially stated, I cannot use the Scout to check my voicemail. In fact when the Scout is connected to a walljack and it is blue I cannot receive calls. This is why I posted the problem to this forum. I hoped I would get guidance on how to properly set up my system so that I could use the Scout. I explained how I had it set up and asked if this was correct. Nobody has told me it was not. So, I am back to square one.

Toots

What happens when you pickup the receiver connected to the scout, press the play button - are you able to listen to vmails?
Ditto for the hub?

Is the problem calling from a remote phone to your home number & trying to access vmails?