Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#79694 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:40 pm
EA PA wrote:I have had a strange situation with one of my Uniden Dect 6 phones. I bought a set of 4, one with base. After a few months, one of the phones (not the one with the base) just stopped working after about 30 seconds into a call. Batteries looked fully charged from the display. I have made 6 or 7 more calls from this one phone. It dials, connects and with great repeatability, just terminates the call by itself, silence, dead on both sides. The others all work fine. Very strange. I have been very busy but when I get a chance I will fiddle to try and discover what is happening.

Followup - I finally had a chance to fiddle with the bad Uniden player. Picked it up to confirm original problem still existed and no problem found. Tried several calls and no cut off..? Testing was before firmware rollout. The only thing I have done is reboot all of the OOMA / network equipment due to a temporary loss of internet. I am sure you have tried this though. Unsolved mystery.
#79829 by thunderbird
Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:26 am
4123631909 wrote:Thanks for the extra suggestions. We have Comcast high speed internet, and no wi-fi. We also don't use Bluetooth. That said, in the coming days we'll try (1) moving the phone base several feet from the Ooma and/ or (2) trying the base alone and then with each of the other handsets to see if a particular handset may be an issue.

After that, I'm on to Panasonic.

My model # btw is kx-tga101s.

Again, I love the phone system and when it was working with Ooma it was great. I'm just trying to figure out what might have happened to cause them to stop working together.

I wonder if the kx-tga101s ■Frequency range: 1.92 GHz to 1.93 GHz has drifted or is sending out a harmonic that conflicts with the Ooma Telo frequencies or your router Wi-Fi frequencies?

Recently I have noted two instances where DECT 6 phones may have conflicted with Ooma devices, but the posts haven't reported how this happened.

I have the Panasonic DECT 6 Plus phones and they work great.