Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#10053 by birdiedave
Thu May 21, 2009 9:01 am
I did everything correct per instruction. I think it might be a firewall on my comcast modem that prevents the ooma hub to pass through. Let me investigate.

Thx,
-david
#10055 by WayneDsr
Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 am
Ok, David. I just wanted to be sure it was registered. We've seen a few in this forum that had the mac address issue and I wanted to get by that before looking into other solutions. Keep us posted.

Wayne
#10412 by birdiedave
Thu May 28, 2009 8:43 am
Finally I got my ooma to work. I connected the ooma hub behind the wireless router but I have to configure the router with correct DNS to my ISP. I love the sound quality and cost effective.

BTW, if I bring my ooma to another country, can I still use the ooma with my existing #? Is there any set up with other country ISP?

Thanks,
-david
#10413 by WayneDsr
Thu May 28, 2009 8:49 am
If you bring your ooma to another country you can use your home phone number. All US calls to and from will still be free.

Nothing as far as ooma goes needs to be changed.

Wayne

EDIT: Remember, a 911 call will not reflect your location unless you change it in the lounge.
#10415 by niknak
Thu May 28, 2009 9:11 am
Be aware that some countries with government owned telephone service block or severely restrict VOIP traffic, and it may be a violation of law to use a VOIP device in that country. Check before you go!
#10438 by MakoCSH
Fri May 29, 2009 4:59 am
I have a WRT54GS (v1!) running Tomato firmware. Initially, I put the hub behind the router and everything worked except for my PS3. It insisted on using the same IP as ooma. Even when I assigned the hub a static IP. I probably could have fixed this by assigning the PS3 a static IP, but it was late and I said screw it. Put the hub in front of the router and everything works perfectly. Quality is always great.

Whatever works.
#11269 by sabrefox
Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:33 pm
I've had ooma for a couple weeks and I've been quite happy with it. I have it set up behind my Linksys router with nothing else behind it. As others have noted, it wasn't convenient to hook it up as the instruction recommend.

Today I noticed that when we are using ooma, my PC completely lost internet access. I decided that perhaps it was time to configure ooma's settings. After several attempts at various settings on ooma and my router that had no effect, I brought up my router's DHCP table to see that both ooma and my PC had the same MAC!

I had initially tried setting my computer up behind ooma (obviously when the MAC copy occured), but I had an issue using AIM video and quickly decided to just hook ooma up in its current configuration. I wanted to leave this post for anyone who may be seeing the same results.
#11270 by WayneDsr
Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:42 pm
I'm going to assume that your router is using dhcp to issue the ip's and neither your pc or ooma is set to static ip.
Reboot ooma using the following method.
Turn off ooma.
Turn it back on while holding down the blue/red ooma light. (yes, it is a switch)
Hold it for about 30 seconds while ooma does a light show.

This will reset ooma to factory settings and it should grab a different IP address. It would also be smart to restart your router while your at it.

Wayne
#67319 by Stuntman
Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:21 pm
Could somebody please post screenshots of their Tomato QOS Setup that shows Ooma Prioritized? I'm having a devil of a time configuring it correctly.. the classifications and percentages of the inbound and outbound etc.. all the information is so scattered I can't make sense of it...

I need to have OOMA guaranteed to get everything it needs when it is in use, everything else is less important.. If I could see examples of setups I could probably figure out what is being done.

Thanks!