Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#76548 by roadshow
Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:09 am
I have an X10 Security System with dialer. Mine works okay, but I am only dialing 7 digits. One odd thing, when the system is tripped and the system dials out, The beginning of my outgoing message is cut off. I actally have it call my cell phone first. When I pick up, I hear the last part of my voice message, it then repeats my voice message. It does de-activate calling the next caller if I press 0 to "listen in". I have not tried any long distance numbers, but I have a hunch I would run in to the same problem that you're having.
#76553 by nn5i
Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:08 am
Forgive me, but you don't say and no one has asked: Are you certain it's connected correctly? Going to the phone jack and not the wall jack on the Telo, and feeding the center two wires in the six-position connector? Always check the simplest things first.
#76635 by ElDucko
Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:58 pm
lbmofo wrote:Are you feeding a long telephone line to the panel? Or are you feeding ooma dialtone into your house phone wires (by disconecting your landline at the NIB first)?

Feeding Ooma into a wall socket on line 1 (red/green). Land line is still connected to line 2 (black/yellow) for now, but goes away Monday.
#76637 by ElDucko
Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:06 pm
roadshow wrote:I have an X10 Security System with dialer. Mine works okay, but I am only dialing 7 digits. One odd thing, when the system is tripped and the system dials out, The beginning of my outgoing message is cut off. I actally have it call my cell phone first. When I pick up, I hear the last part of my voice message, it then repeats my voice message. It does de-activate calling the next caller if I press 0 to "listen in". I have not tried any long distance numbers, but I have a hunch I would run in to the same problem that you're having.

Hmmmm.... encouraging to hear that at least someone's X-10 works with Ooma.
We live in an area that requires the full ten digits (area code plus seven), so I can't try that. I have tried calling ten digits, and tried with the "1" in front, to both land line and cell phones, but without success so far. Could you please try yours with ten digits and let me know if it works? Thanks.
#76639 by ElDucko
Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:12 pm
nn5i wrote:Forgive me, but you don't say and no one has asked: Are you certain it's connected correctly? Going to the phone jack and not the wall jack on the Telo, and feeding the center two wires in the six-position connector? Always check the simplest things first.

Good idea to check, and good thinking. Thanks. I'm on the road at present, but will talk my wife through this (ought to be fun!!!) and get back to you.
#76640 by ElDucko
Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:19 pm
tomcat wrote:Just a shot in the dark...

Could your system either be dialing too quick or could the DTMF tones be too short for the Ooma to detect? If it's not picking up all the tones then the Ooma may see this as a incomplete dial and give you the busy signal you mentioned.

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

Yes... could be. Any suggestions as to how to change it?
#77444 by ElDucko
Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:02 pm
ElDucko wrote:
nn5i wrote:Forgive me, but you don't say and no one has asked: Are you certain it's connected correctly? Going to the phone jack and not the wall jack on the Telo, and feeding the center two wires in the six-position connector? Always check the simplest things first.

Good idea to check, and good thinking. Thanks. I'm on the road at present, but will talk my wife through this (ought to be fun!!!) and get back to you.

Sorry for the long time since replying. Yes, it's all connected properly. Good idea to check, though. Any other good ones?
#77445 by ElDucko
Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:08 pm
Is it possible to key in some leading digits and have Ooma pick up only the last few? (the equivalent of a "pause," for all you old-timers used top dial-up internet access.) For example, a series of zeroes or ones, followed by the 10-digit area code plus seven. An earlier reply suggested that my dialer is too fast, and I believe that he-or-she is right. What to do, though? The X-10 dialer is pretty basic, zero-thru-nine, no star or pound signs. (Yes, I'm trying the X-10 forum, too.)